Which of these articles would you like to see?

Which of these articles would you like to see?

• Wireless Networking Tutorial

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Spyware Removal

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • Hardware Installation Guides

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • Ways to speed up a PC

Votes: 30 62.5%
  • Online Payment Systems Guide

Votes: 8 16.7%

• Total voters

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
We are currently planning a new set of articles, but we would like your feedback on what sort of items you would like to see. Please vote for any articles that would interested you, and let us know if there is anything that isn't covered.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Hardware installation and ways to speed your PC up for me. Not intrested in networks, or spyware to be honest.

Reaction score
not so much the spyware, maybe i will need help with my network when i get one, but.. definately ways to speed up a computer for me..

*chants*.... overclock

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Ian, I may just have a wee shot at the "WIFI" for you. ;)

As for "speeding up" your system, there is not a lot you can do ... unless you are an overclocker.

Spyware removal would be a contender on my list ... I see a considerable amout of people don't have the basic knowledge of "Malware" and think all they need is an AV program.
:thumb:

Reaction score
Got WiFi covered for now, 90% on Part 1, 50% on Part 2, and close with the super duper mega stunt article about WiFi that you'll all ahve to wait and see about.

Be greatful if you gave them a read over before i publish though.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Matt Jason H said:
Got WiFi covered for now, 90% on Part 1, 50% on Part 2, and close with the super duper mega stunt article about WiFi that you'll all ahve to wait and see about.

Be greatful if you gave them a read over before i publish though.
Point me in the right direction and I'll take a look. :thumb:

Reaction score
I did vote for them all..(Silly Really)... :) they are all super usefull topics and guides..
but if i had to put them in order of interest it would be:-

1. Wireless Networking
2. Hardware Installation
3. Online Payment Systems Guide
4. Spyware Removal
5. Ways To Speed Up A PC...

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
As for "speeding up" your system, there is not a lot you can do ... unless you are an overclocker.
ohmigod, I think I'm an overclocker!

Who, then, are these mysterious denizens known furtively the world over as 'Overclockers'?

Shunned by normal computer society regulars, denigrated and ridiculed by Mac & Dell owners everywhere, the Overclocker's path is a long and tortuous trail with little recognition and only self reward making their pursuit worthwhile.

The overclocker's machine will always have quick access to the motherboard, particularly the 'reset CMOS' jumper, as the overclocker will always need to get to that quickly when yet another over-ambitious attempt siezes the system completely on boot.

The overclocker is obessed with temps and every single one of those mysterious RAM settings found in the bios of every 'serious' motherboard.

The overclocker will spend way too much money on every latest cooling solution, in their never ending quest for stability.

The overclcoker will grin inanely to themself when finally an extra 300Mhz is reached, temp stays at 52C on full load and all runs stable.

But it only lasts a week. After that, a trembling of limbs ensues, a twitching of eyebrows occurs as the urge to go even faster overwhelms them.

They could, of course, just have bought a faster system, but that's not really a challenge, is it?

So, are you an overclocker? ;)

Reaction score
Providing you buy the right components from the start its not expensive...

... i am one o them Flops :D:D:D

...Always want a faster computer for free...

...its...in...the...blooooood....;)

its fun when you get into it

Reaction score
I would like to see some articles on spyware... I know some of you guys aren't very interested, but the fact remains that spyware affects everyone who uses the internet and is becoming as dangerous as viruses, so an article or 2 about removing and combating these pests is a must....

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Howlinwolf said:
I would like to see some articles on spyware... I know some of you guys aren't very interested, but the fact remains that spyware affects everyone who uses the internet and is becoming as dangerous as viruses, so an article or 2 about removing and combating these pests is a must....
Spyware is one of the next articles on the list, so there should be one out soon :)

Ask a Question