Which camera do you own?

Which camera do you own?

• Total voters

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Tell us which camera do you own?

If you wish to post why you chose the particular model please do so in the thread.

Thanks

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Fuji A303 here - a gift for my Birthday a couple of years go :)

Its a 3MP camera with 3x optical zoom... perfectly adequate for my needs! It takes nice clear photos and doesn't gobble batteries so I'll stick with this for another few years yet!

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Casio QV-R40 - bought it 1/2 price when PC World opened their new store in Croydon last year.

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear all

Nikon Coolpix - gr8 buy on the recommendation of a certain someone on this site - excellent results, easy to use and really pleased with it!!

Gabriella xx

Reaction score
I think the question should be... Who has a camera that Quad helped them chose?

My vote would be a yes!

Reaction score
It's true though Quad, you have helped a lot of people choose the right camera, i am very pleased with the one you helped my pick.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
KGB-911 said:
It's true though Quad, you have helped a lot of people choose the right camera, i am very pleased with the one you helped my pick.

Me too :thumb:

Reaction score
I have a Canon EOS 300D Digital Rebel. It rocks! I chose it because it was the best DSLR you could have for that money.

And yes, PCR influenced my buy, not only Quad, but also ChrisPostill and a couple of others...

Reaction score
KODAK DC4800, Was top notch a few years ago, cost me around £500. it still does the job but a bit chunky for me!

J

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Techy said:
KODAK DC4800, Was top notch a few years ago, cost me around £500. it still does the job but a bit chunky for me!

J

DC 4800 was a highly regarded camera when it was realeased, I had the pleasure of using it for about a week when brand new as my brother in law had bought it and had no clue how to use it, I had to train him with it. If I remember it correctly it was a pre 2000 model, correct me if I am wrong. Even by todays standard it is not a bad camera to own with a great zoom range 24-85 (this was the best thing about the model if I recall), happens to be my favourite type of zoom on a compact body, very versatile in shooting landscapes as well as head and shoulder portraits. One of the best models available today is the Nikon 8400 which also sports a 24-85 zoom.

Happy Shooting!

Reaction score
correct quad.

not really into photography but a digital camera is a must for drunken photographs of a night out. So convinient for emailing round the embarrasing ones the day after!

J

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Techy said:
correct quad.

not really into photography but a digital camera is a must for drunken photographs of a night out. So convinient for emailing round the embarrasing ones the day after!

J

Could you post some embarrasing examples for fun sake:D

Reaction score
i'll see what i can find, most of them were on my server which had a HDD failure over the weekend!, 40GB worth of data gone, thats why backing up is probably a good idea, and this where lazyness get's you, dataless!

Will have a dig around quad see what i can find.

J

Reaction score
What camera do I use?

I use the Canon EOS 20D, its a digital SLR. It usually costs about $1,200-1,500 from what I've seen, got mine from BuyDig.com with an 18-55mm lense and a number of accessories (including a bag, a 3 piece lense cleaning kit, some other stuff , and most importantly a 1 gigabyte memory card) for $1,500. This camera is kind of pricey but for the results it gives and the features it has I would say its DEFINITELY worth the price especially if you're serious about photography as a hobby or even as a profession. I'm no photography expert (yet) but I think this camera is amazing and it seems very fast for a digital camera (then again for $1500 it better be amazing, hehe).

I used to have a 1.3 megapixel Fuji camera, that thing was awful and going from that to Canon's EOS2D DSLR was like going from driving a barely functioning Yugo to driving a brand new Ferrari.

-Fnordiscordia

Ask a Question