where do i buy a new pc from

Reaction score
been looking around now for a good few weeks but everytime i find someware that matches my budget of around £800 i check up there reviews and they come back as being really bad ,mesh computers look as i would want my new pc to look also there prices are ok but they have very bad reviews on after sales, are there any good ones out there any more ,also i have had a look at novatech but i do not know much about them:confused:

Reaction score
Cookie,

any manufacturer/retailer will have bad reviews, personally i would stay well away from the time group, this include, Time, Tiny, Platina, Colossus and the retail outlet The computer shop. one company i would recommend would be Dell pricey but one of the best in my opinion, personally i would build my own then you know exactly what your getting, the only downside to this is if you come across a prob your on your own.

J

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Building your own PC does often work out cheaper - but if you aren't too confident with PCs, or something goes wrong it may be a little more difficult. I have you have time and patience, I would recommend it though.

Dell often have special offers on, and their outlet site is particularly good. http://www.dell.co.uk/outlet

What do you want to use the PC for? Home use, with games?

Reaction score
hi
not too sure what i will be doing with it, bit of both really but i have only got around £800 to spend and for for this i want a 15"tft as well as for building one my self i would not even try it ,have not got the time or patience but i've had a look at dell and they seem ok price wise but is it true that you can only put dell parts on them like a dvd burner,or are they just like any other pc
When it comes down to it all the main stores like pc world and time etc.etc come with very bad reviews as do mesh, but at one time way back mesh were winning awards for customer service and there systems ,does it really have to be a gamble or am i reading too much into the reviews

here is one of the sites i have looked up there reviews on
http://www.romulus2.com/feedback/chart.php?1

Reaction score
the problem with all large manufacturers is that with the volume the sell you're bound to get a few bad eggs + aftersales service are you prepared to wait hours on a premium line for a response from customer service...then find you're in India and can't make heads or tails of what they're saying then they may want you to send it away for weeks maybe......i suggest you go to a local computer shop/repairer and get them to build what you want....then you have an actual person you can complain without the wait/cost or hassle...
good luck

Reaction score
i recently bought a pc from Dixons and when i took it to a freind to upgrade the graphics card he discovered it was full of outdated, poor quality crap with no room to upgrade and poor cooling!Basically he replaced most of it with decent gear and to be honest when i saw him do it i realised how simple it was to build up a pc and with the help of many of the pc build books available will do all future upgrades myself.So your best bet is to find someone local (there always is)who will build u a pc and u will be able to specify exactly what you want according to your budget or you will end up like me paying for a pc which is a bag of shi......!

Ask a Question