Windows XP whats the best mp3 converter?

Reaction score
Guys,
Whats the best mp3 converter these days, ive a bunch of them on the company laptop and need to get them off fast. Its wav files i need isn't it? Rookie question sorry. A link to a download would be great also!! Many thanks.
GKC:D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I don't know what the best is but I've been using dbPowerAmp for several years now. Converts cda (CD) tracks to Wav or mp3, WAV to mp3 & vice versa. Also comes with an add on module for recording from an external source such as a cassette deck or turntable. Available Here. It's a freebie.

I've also heard a lot of good things about cdex as well, but haven't tried it yet (Do a Google). That's also a freebie.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Yes, converting MP3 to Wav is possible, but, remember the quality of the wav file is dependant on the quality of the mp3 you are going to convert. I would not convert anything if it is 64 or 128 bit as it is heavily compressed and a lot of data is missing. Nonetheless, if it is something you cannot live without just go ahead, you will be hearing the music anyway. :)

dbPOWERAMP is more than adequate for the purpose and is one of the simplest interface available. Use Lame encoder built-in and not the Blade, Lame is the best encoder there is. The quality is also goodl. I use it for quick conversions but when I want high quality MP3's I use Exact Audio Copy/Lame to do the job.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Looks like upgrade time :) Glad you pointed it out, Flops. They did the right thing dropping the Blade encoder, there was a big difference between the two.

Ask a Question