What music floats ya boat?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Just sittin here playin some tunes, readin and replyin, got me thinkin.

What music do you listen to, Do you have certain tunes for certain times of day, or mood?

I like to listen to some banging trance at work, seems to give me the motivation i need! If i've had a bad day then maybe even a bit of slipknot!! Very different i know, but i like every thing! Everthing that is apart from drum and bass, garage, any pop and jazz!

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Long ago there was a thread like this...
any ways, my jams of choice are: Misfits, Iron Maiden, the Ramones, Iced Earth( glorious burden), The eyeliners, Pink Floyd, Danzig, Motorhead (got a signed t shirt by lemme himself!) and many others but in no particular order... although Iron Maidenm Misfits and the Ramones has always been favorites.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Acoustic Alchemy,
Alan Stivell ,
Alex North
Barbra Streisand,
Beatles,
Beethoven,
Bob Dylan,
Bob James,
Bob Marley,
Bonnie Riatt,
Bread,
Burt Bacharach,
Carole King,
Carpenters,
Casandra Wilson,
Cat Stevens,
Corrs,
Dave Grusin,
David Sanborn,
Diana Krall,
Dionne Warwick,
Dire Straits,
Eagles,
Earl Klugh,
Ella Fitzgerald,
Eric Clapton,
Fleetwood Mac,
Glenn Miller,
Henry Mancini,
Herb Alpert and Tijuana Brass,
Jean Michele Jarre,
Joan Armatrading,
John Lennon,
John McLaughlin,
John Williams,
Joni Mitchel,
Kevin Eubanks,
Lee Ritenour,
Lobo,
Louis Armstrong,
Maurice Jarre,
Miles Davis,
Mozart,
Neil Diamond,
Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan ,
Patricia Barber,
Paul McCartney,
Pink Floyd,
Rod Stewart,
Sade,
Shirley Bassey,
Simon and Garfunkel,
Sting,
Stravinsky,
Strunz and Farah ,
Supertramp,
Susanne Vega,
Szakcsi,
Tchaikovsky,
Tracy Chapman,
Van Morrison,
Vivaldi,
Xaviar Caugat and his Orchestra,
Zakir Hussain,

I may have forgotten a few :D :D :D

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
My favourites are:

Anastacia, Gabrielle, Lemar, Bread, S and G, Beverley Craven, Lisa Stansfield and most of the stuff that they play on BBC Radio 2!

Gabriella x

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
My favourite music genres are opera, jazz, classical, musicals, rock and vocal... I thought it would be quicker to say that than the individual groups/people - I'd be here all day if I did that! ;)

Reaction score
My favourite Genre's are Pop, Indie, Electro Pop stuff :)

Bands such as :

Franz Ferdinand
Coldplay
New Order
Kraftwerk
Postal Service
The Who
Oasis

Reaction score
Hmm, I'd hap to go with Nu Metal, Heavy metal, Punk and some (I SAID SOME) Indie rock -- So basically anything with a lead electric guitar, a bass and a drummer

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Yeppers, we did have this thread before, plus two 'what are you playing now' threads, but no matter, tis good :)

Too many to list, here's a list of my CD's, zip file, in MS Excel 2003 format, if you're really interested ;) (and I haven't listed all the cassettes and vinyl).

Attachments

• flops_cd_list.zip
    22.8 KB · Views: 264

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
I must say that I enjoy most types of music. Although I really like classic rock, dance and Hip-hop.
Vary varied tastes i know, but what can I say, I love music! ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Wow Quad, thats a big list! Cache, classic rock! Forgot that! Thats what i grew up with!

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
V-R, please don't diss my tastes in music. I happen to like my rock music....I was brought up listening to Black Sabbath, Gun's 'N' Roses, Iron Maiden, Deep Purple etc, and I still enjoy listening to it now. That's not to say i don't enjoy newer rock too, some of it i do, and some of it is nonsense.
Why i still like music i grew up with, is that when I listen to it, it often reminds me of good times I had when I was younger. I find music good with revision too as it aids ascociative memory.
As said in my previous post, I do like many different genres and artists....and I am not ashamed of what I enjoy. I like to think I keep an open mind when it comes to music as it actually plays a large part in my life.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
No dude, you got it wrong!
classic rock! Forgot that

I mean I FORGOT THAT!

Sorry didnt mean to give you the wrong idea, I enjoy listening to GnR, AC/DC, Maiden, Aerosmith, Nirvana, Rage against The Machine, Sabbath and more!
Thats what i was listening to when i was younger, like many years ago! (25year old now)
Didnt mean to anoy you :blush: :thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Cache-man said:
V-R, please don't diss my tastes in music. I happen to like my rock music....I was brought up listening to Black Sabbath, Gun's 'N' Roses, Iron Maiden, Deep Purple etc, and I still enjoy listening to it now. That's not to say i don't enjoy newer rock too, some of it i do, and some of it is nonsense.

Why i still like music i grew up with, is that when I listen to it, it often reminds me of good times I had when I was younger. I find music good with revision too as it aids ascociative memory.

As said in my previous post, I do like many different genres and artists....and I am not ashamed of what I enjoy. I like to think I keep an open mind when it comes to music as it actually plays a large part in my life.

Um, right on.

I'm old. Full stop. I can talk music til the earth ends, if you so desire.
I ran a successful rock disco for 30 years. Was always booked as a substitute for John Peel when he went on holidays in the 70's.

Had charts published in NME, MM, & Kerrang regularly. Even appeared on the TV :)

I love music.

Only one criteria: If it makes you feel good, it has fulfilled it's purpose, doesn't matter what it is.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Thats what i was listening to when i was younger, like many years ago!

Well 10 years anyway!
Sorry again!

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
V-R: OK buddy. I might have jumped on the defensive a bit quick there, appologies, I'm just tired and stressed with my uni work at the mo. ;)

Floppy: Good to see a fellow music enthusiast. Your rock disco sounds like it was good. Did you ever meet the late Mr. Peel? That guy was a legend!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Cache-man said:
Floppy: Good to see a fellow music enthusiast. Your rock disco sounds like it was good. Did you ever meet the late Mr. Peel? That guy was a legend!

Several times. Last time was at Maida Vale studios, July last year, there's a thread about it here somewhere. I won a ticket to a Magic Band recording :)

Before that, Royal Festival Hall, 2000, The Orb, I think. He was drinking at a table next to us, we chatted a little.

Genuinely nice geezer.

I miss him.

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
I must admit Flops, I'm a little envious. But then we all have our icons....people we look up to, and respect and admire. P)

Reaction score
Im V Flexible with music, without music my life would be very dull.

Well I do like Reggae
and I like MJ's Music great great shame abt what happened and whats happening to him now.

I do listen to lots of different types of music
one minute it will be Spandau Ballet and then it will be Dr Dre!!!

call it weird if u like but I like to accept and respect different types of music

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
It's nice to see so many varied tastes out there! :)

I think flops wins though - standing in for Mr John Peel? Very impressive! :D