what cpu cooler?

Reaction score
I have just upgraded my CPU and mother board.

I now have an Athlon XP2400+ and an MSI KT4VL Ultra.

The temperature of the CPU sits at about 55 at idle and rises to 63 under load.

My current CPU cooler is the crappy boneshaking, wheezy Coolermaster P.o.S supplied with the CPU.

I am now definitely going to get a better CPU cooler becuase the teperature concerns me slightly.

I have my eye on a Globalwin CAK4-88T since its meant to be quite quiet and also has luverly flashing lights, which will look good once I start modding my PC

Any suggestions for other CPU coolers before I splash out £25?

Much appreciated.

Reaction score
hmm, cpu coolers
well, if u want something that is queit and does a good job then i would recommend a Raptor 3.0ghz fan
supports 3.0ghz and is a low noise fan, being a 3.0ghz fan i would guess it would easily cool an amd xp2400 ;)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Artic Cooler 2 ... Big slab of copper on the bottom, fan runs under 3000rpm and temps are ... 34c idle, 40 under full load. :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
atm I'm using these:

Thermalright SLK-800
Thermaright AX-7
Zalman Copper finned heatsink with fan-mounted Zalman 92mm fan
Alpha PAL 8045

By far the best of that lot is the Thermalright SLK-800, followed by the Thermalright AX-7.

I'm using a Pabst 80mm Lo-Noise fan with the SLK800, if you can put up with a little more noise, the Pabst Hi-Volume is a better option.

My temps for the SLK800 (on an XP1900) are 40C idle & 45C full load, running UD 24/7. Room temp average of 70F, CPU overclocked by 150Mhz.

Ask a Question