What are the site loading times like for you?

What are the site loading times like for you?

• Loads super fast!

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Displays in a reasonable time

Votes: 20 55.6%
  • A little slow

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • So slow!

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
We are currently looking at moving to a UK server, which should speed up loading times and responsiveness. Any comments on the current speed would be great :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Good here also. Faster than BBF, for sure, but there again, that's in Dallas.

It's always been OK but for some reason on either Friday or Saturday just gone, it was like wading through molasses, real slow. It's fine now though.

It may have been something my end of course, daughter's always downloading all kinds of music and stuff.

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear Ian

Can be a bit variable. Soemtimes quite quick and others times a bit slow.

Kind regards

Gabriellaxx

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
We are currently looking at moving to a UK server, which should speed up loading times and responsiveness. Any comments on the current speed would be great :)

Hiya Ian

im on a 150k Broadband Conection with NTL

i find that the menu part is super fast, but then it takes time for the rest of the page to load,

but it could just be me, as i have lots of things on here that uses the Conection!!!!!!!!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
im on a 150k Broadband Conection with NTL
i find that the menu part is super fast, but then it takes time for the rest of the page to load
Ah, two NTL users with the same problem ...

I'm on 1Mb cable at home at home and its like a 28,8 dial-up at times here, however, at the workshop which IS on dial-up the speed, although a touch slow, is consistent with other sites.

Reaction score
intruiging!

using a FreeUK (Clara.net) 512kb/s service through a 4 port Netgear DG814 modem router sharing internet through 3 computers and it works real fast! all the time!

thinking of going 1mbit soon - Freedom2surf? not sure if 6gig a month bandwidth is enough as is all we can afford to pay for the intenet a month - about £25 inc vat.

Reaction score
these download limits are a joke. unlimited broadband? hardly, i'm with aol (my dads choice) and although the aol software leaves alot to be desired, i bypass the software and the connection is great 99.9% of the time and there's no download limits.

credit where credits due.

Reaction score
Yeah they seem ridiculous.

my FreeUK 512 connection is unlimited so its good but a limited connection (unlimited between 1am and 7am) does seem appealing for £22.98 a month, inclusive of VAT and thats double the speed aswell.

Im not sure.

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear Chris

This may seem a silly question but who is surfing/internetting between 1am and 7am - I thought most people would be in beddy byes then. I would rather have unlimited in the day and up to say 11pm - there must be alot of night owls out there!!

Gabriella xx

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Im on 150k NTL broadband (about £15 a month i think) and its fine, take about 2-5 seconds to load each page which is excellent!

I'm in other forums which take a little longer to load, this is the fastest forum loading ive had i think though. Good Job ;) .

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear Chris and Reefsmoka

Don't u have cosy beds to go 2? Perhaps it's us mere mortals that need to be up at the crack of dawn.....

Gabriella xx

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
gabriella said:
Dear Chris and Reefsmoka

Don't u have cosy beds to go 2? Perhaps it's us mere mortals that need to be up at the crack of dawn.....

Gabriella xx
I got A bed (not very cosy) to go to, and if you mean crack of dawn being afternoonish, then yeah :p.

I'm a jobless bum with no commitments! This sure is the life ^_^.

Reaction score
Dear Chris and Reefsmoka

Don't u have cosy beds to go 2?
Gabriella xx

Well... I have a very cosy bed which i enjoy being in...

I'm a jobless bum with no commitments! This sure is the life ^_^.
I have a job, im just a lazy git.

Perhaps it's us mere mortals that need to be up at the crack of dawn.....
Crack of dawn is about 10:53 earliest for me but will extend to 1:00pm sometimes. I need at least 13 hours of sleep a night to function. I normally hit the sack at about 1:30 to 2:30 am but spend about 20 minutes on WAP on my phone reading up the BBC news and the highly ammusing problem page in the T-zones bit...

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Crack of dawn is about 10:53 earliest for me but will extend to 1:00pm sometimes.
10:53 is abit accurate! i cant remember a single thing of the 1st hour or so when i wake up! I wake up with a broken toe before didnt notice till i tried putting a sock on. I have no idea how i done it, but i reckon i done it in my morning zombie state!

Reaction score
I wake up with a broken toe before didnt notice till i tried putting a sock on
OH DEAR GOD THAT IS TOO FUNNY!!

i just hate it when im asleep...dreamin...layin on my back and mother pulls the covers off!

its not accurate - i said about then not exactly then!!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You lazy people ;) I had a nice lie in today and got up at 9:30! (Will be up at 7AM most days)

(Grumble, Grumble ;))

Ask a Question