weird prob with context menu

G

Hi, i have a problem with my context menus (right clicking a folder) . i had "print directory" entry in there and i deleted it, cause i dont need it. Now something has screwed up the actions i perform.
When i click my c drive a window opens up with all the directories like anyone elses i guess. But soon as i click on a folder, say Widows, it opens the Search for files window and not the contents of that particular dir. I have been thru the tools, folder options, file types, File folder, and folder entries and i cannot set the "open" as a default action, as when i right click he folders it is way down the bottom of the top part of the menu.
I can however set the folders so they do open but in explorer view, thanks to Xteq power toy, but each one opens in a seperate window with only that folder displayed in the left pane and i can not go up/down thru the root, like you can when you open up explorer by r/c Start, explore .
Any suggestions will be more then welcome.

D

dev

robert said:
Hi, i have a problem with my context menus (right clicking a folder) . i had "print directory" entry in there and i deleted it, cause i dont need it. Now something has screwed up the actions i perform.
When i click my c drive a window opens up with all the directories like anyone elses i guess. But soon as i click on a folder, say Widows, it opens the Search for files window and not the contents of that particular dir. I have been thru the tools, folder options, file types, File folder, and folder entries and i cannot set the "open" as a default action, as when i right click he folders it is way down the bottom of the top part of the menu.
I can however set the folders so they do open but in explorer view, thanks to Xteq power toy, but each one opens in a seperate window with only that folder displayed in the left pane and i can not go up/down thru the root, like you can when you open up explorer by r/c Start, explore .

Doug's link, below. Click on XP-FIXES, then look in the righthand column
for "search opens when double-clicking a folder"...

G

Dev, hats off to you.. mucho grateful..... Doug's site bookmarked, catalogued, saved and backed up.. rob

Ask a Question