web cam?

Reaction score
I'm looking for a webcam for real-time video conversations with other web users...I don't want something that's full of gizmos that operates as a digital camera as well...I just want a really good web cam.

Any ideas? whats the best?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Stay away from WebCams and look for a Digital Camcorder. :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Some of the new logitech webcams are pretty good, I can't remember which one, but it was a cheap £25 job for the one I saw demonstrated!

If you can get one in which you get good lighting and little fuzz under a normal lightbulb, that should be a good start. My old Creative 3 webcam is useless unless I have a lighting studio!

Reaction score
Originally posted by muckshifter
Stay away from WebCams and look for a Digital Camcorder. :D

...er...aren't they a little on the expensive side?:crazy: :confused:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Mucks is right! A Handycam will give very good results but at a price, Webcams are just playthings and give very poor qulity results. Very low resolution and lousy colors. On top of all that you will be bored after you start using it, save your money and buy a DVD Burner instead ( I see it on your list in your sig :D) Check out my review of the Lacie Burner which I will be posting on the forum in a while.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
They cost about 10x as much though :) Although I must admit, I would like one!

Reaction score
I have both but cannot get them working. I can be seen & heard by others but while sound & audio are fine while playing cds etc I am having difficulty in getting audio working and picture freezes just after I connect.

Using Logitech Notebook Pro webcam

Reaction score
Anyone know how to rectify the lack of sound and picture freeze when using Logitech Notebook pro, DSL broadband and Compaq Evo N1020 notebook?

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Drivers? Are you using the latest drivers? Which OS are you using?

Ask a Question