Watchout - Its about time!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
  1. Which watch graces your wrist and why?
  2. How often you synchronise the time for accuracy?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I have a cheapy "Ben Sherman" watch, not my ideal watch, but it looks nice for £25 :D I'm always worried I'd lose an expensive watch if I did get one, as I lost my last one! (It turned up inside my suit inside pocket months later!?)

I check the time every few week probably - but its never really out.

Reaction score
A Citizen Eco-Drive Titanium Solartech... nice, mid-priced watch, no batteries required. I check it against the radio/tv every week or so, but it's always within a few seconds, so I almost never set it. Except, twice a year for Daylight Savings Time and then back.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Snap mine's a ben sherman £40 watch which was bought for me for christmas last year and i check it against the atomic clock at rugby about once a month but its only usually about 5 to 10 seconds out each month, pretty good movement in it really....:thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I don't wear a watch - or any other jewellery for that matter.

I gotta mobile phone, what do I need a watch for? :D

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I don't wear a watch - or any other jewellery for that matter.

I gotta mobile phone, what do I need a watch for? :D

peace of mind!

Reaction score
Quadophile said:
  1. Which watch graces your wrist and why?
  2. How often you synchronise the time for accuracy?

1. The watch I wear is a Casio Watch, brought by me old man from the Middle East!
Nothing very special, only cost him 16quid at the time and that time was around 7 years back!
This watch has travelled with me all around the world total journey is around 10,000-15,000 miles!
When I am not at home, not wearing this watch makes me feel v naked!
This watch has been with me for a lot of my past 7 years or so, whenever I am not at home its been with me on my travels. The Value is quite simply CENTIMENTAL!:)

2. Unfortunetly around 4 months ago, the battery went. So I decided to replace it professionaly walked into Ernest Jones, they politely told me it would cost me a score to get the battery changed by them! Like *** was I going to pay 20quid! So I walked into MAPLINS picked up the battery for £1.15 and spent 1 hour 20 mins in that store that day trying to change the battery. Succesfull change that day 100% cost effective, 50% time wasting and
110% bloody detrimental in the long run as you are about to read:

3. Going back the Quad's original question about accuracy, Over the last few weeks I have noticed that the battery is dying once again!!!!Sometimes the watch stopsm which is a big worry! SO I may just go into another Jewellers and see if they can beat the score deal! Becuase I would like to get this watch back into shape, as it does mean a lot to me!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i have a kinda expensive DKNY one that i got given last year for christmas also Very accurate hasnt lost even a second since i got it !!!

Reaction score
I have a very nice DKNY watch lol Leather strap etc ! hehe :p Accurate, very nice looking, looks expensive, although only cost me 80pounds lol I got it in Singapore :D

My brother got the latest Georgio Armani watch, it's the best ! lol Cost him 173pounds, a little gift from mum though seeing as he never has a watch, but now he has scratched it, in every place imaginable ! lol Getting drunk and stuff don't help ! lol Mum weren't too pleased to see the state of it !

I only wear my watch to go out at night etc i use my phone at school even though not aloud ! My school is tight :p

:)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
psd99 said:
peace of mind!
A watch gives peace of mind? Huh?

I really, really, don't understand that at all :confused:

I gotta phone, it has a clock, good enough for me.

I've never liked jewellery, tattoos or piercings. I don't need 'em, confident in myself you see :D

And another thing, I'm terrible with time, all my life I've been late for everything. Bad but true.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I hate to admit but I love watches :D

1. Swisstar Moonphase
2. Klaus Kobec Couture Sports Steel (30 M)
3. Swatch Frozen Rain in Aluminium
4. Timex Expedition Indiglo Steel
5. Citizen Divers watch with dual time (300 M)
6. Rolex Oyster Perpetual Submariner Steel (Date) (300 M)

I keep switching watches, depending on the mood. No 2 is the latest addition.

The watch that I really loved was an Omega Seamaster (18K gold) which was given to my father on his engagement to my mom back in mid fifties and passed on to me in the early 90's. I had it for good three years. Unfortunately it was stolen 10 years back.

I synchronise my watches after I update my computer clock.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I can understand people's fondness for watches, some are actually quite beautiful. And useful too, I suppose.

I have owned watches, the plainer the better, I favoured silver or black.

But now, no, not for me.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
A watch gives peace of mind? Huh?

I really, really, don't understand that at all :confused:

I gotta phone, it has a clock, good enough for me.

I've never liked jewellery, tattoos or piercings. I don't need 'em, confident in myself you see :D

And another thing, I'm terrible with time, all my life I've been late for everything. Bad but true.

my friend what did you do when there was a time when none had the option of using mobile phones to tell the time? I presume it was v difficult for you to tell the time!

terrible for time? maybe its time to invest in a watch, i reccomend this one particular Casio from Argos, £9.99 but very good value for money!

Well for me its a different story, yes I do have a mobile and im rightly so, I am insured for this too, like has been mentioned on this site before! I personally think it feels good to have a watch, even if it did cost u a fiver or a hundred quid! A watch is a watch, its sole purpose is to tell the time!

I will be interested that technology one day will allow a person to have a mobile on their watch,Imagine a range of Nokia Phone Watches the size of a watch but built in phone/camera,mp3player! Prehaps then Flops, you may decide to invest in a come watch come phone, come camera and come mp3 player = peace of mind

no understanding needed my friend :)

Reaction score
So Quads, I sense that not only do you have an Infatuation with computers, but it also extends to an infatuation with Watches too!

Nice to hear

Reaction score
I get nice expensive watches because....

A WATCH SAYS ALOT ABOUT A MAN ! lol

I get compliemented on my watch ALLL da time ! Girls like it ! hehe

Good thing watches ! INVEST in them !

Reaction score
Belloni said:
I get nice expensive watches because....

A WATCH SAYS ALOT ABOUT A MAN ! lol

I get compliemented on my watch ALLL da time ! Girls like it ! hehe

Good thing watches ! INVEST in them !

yes you are right

also a watch is sometimes a good way to start to converse with a women!
PEACE OF MIND! LOL!:)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
You're all hopeless egotistical cases, lol :D

What did I do before mobile phone? Why, I sometimes wore a watch of course.

But, always either broke them, drowned them, scratched them, lost them or just generally didn't get on with them.

When it came to women, I didn't need props, I was good enough just by myself.

That's confidence guys ;)

Reaction score
well im not saying i need my watch to pull!
but lets just say having one is not detrimental to your chances of sucess!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
psd99 said:
well im not saying i need my watch to pull!
but lets just say having one is not detrimental to your chances of sucess!
You have a point.

Whatever it takes, I suppose ;)

btw, a watch's sole function needn't be just to tell the time, as I understand it you can get a whole host of functions in that little thing.

When I used to be an Industrial Radiographer, I used a watch with a stop watch function to time exposures, so there's just one for you to consider :)

I'm sure there are many more functions available.

Nah, I just think I'm odd, I just don't like body ornaments.

Terminal weirdness :eek:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Nah, I just think I'm odd, I just don't like body ornaments.

Terminal weirdness :eek:
I'm the same there to be honest, the only thing I wear is a watch! Not too fond of too much "bling!".

Ask a Question