The PCR Movies Thread!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yes they did. Although, the GF was expecting a more Force Awakens style film, even though I told her it wasn't quite like that and its a lot darker etc. The other guys loved it though. Its a war film not a 'fun and funny, ' Star Wars film like TFA, its a war film. Especially the latter half of it. :)

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Not going to lie, I'm really looking forward to seeing Beauty and the Beast :D :blush:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Also, ALL of our close friends have now seen Rogue One... Hoping our willpower lasts until early January! :lol:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
We saw Rogue One today and it was excellent! I see what everyone means about it being darker though. I loved all the cameos, bet I'd spot far more on a second viewing too.

The showed the trailer for The Lego Batman Movie before the film and it looks great :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Finally! :p

What did you think of 'those' CGI moments?

Yeah that logo film looks good, the last one was good.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
What did you think of 'those' CGI moments?

Bit uncomfortable at first, but they were done pretty well. It'll be nice when it's at the stage where you can't tell it's CGI. My favourite scene was
that bit with Darth Vader towards the end :D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I can recommend,

Suicide Squad

Miss peregrines School for Peculiar Children

Looking forward to

Bastille Day

Captain America Civil War

Sherlock The Abominable Bride

:D

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I've still not seen Suicide Squad! Heard a lot of mixed things about it, with the largest complaint being that too much good stuff was cut out. So I'm interested in the fact that they have released an extended cut - I wonder if it's any better?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Bit uncomfortable at first, but they were done pretty well. It'll be nice when it's at the stage where you can't tell it's CGI. My favourite scene was
that bit with Darth Vader towards the end :D
Yeah the ending was great!

Suicide Squad was ok, I didn't love it. I wouldn't rush to watch it.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I've still not seen Suicide Squad! Heard a lot of mixed things about it, with the largest complaint being that too much good stuff was cut out. So I'm interested in the fact that they have released an extended cut - I wonder if it's any better?

V_R is right Suicide Squad was not GREAT but was still a neat movie. Felt sort of like watching a video game with real people.

:cool:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Really looking forward to seeing that one! :thumb: Is there a cinema near your new pad?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
We have the greatest fans in this or any other galaxy. In appreciation of the fans, we wanted them to be the first to know the title of the next chapter in the Skywalker saga: STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI.

THE LAST JEDI is written and directed by Rian Johnson and produced by Kathleen Kennedy and Ram Bergman and executive produced by J.J. Abrams, Jason McGatlin, and Tom Karnowski.

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI is scheduled for release December 15, 2017.

StarWars.com. All Star Wars, all the time.
http://www.starwars.com/news/the-of...-wars-episode-viii-revealed?cmp=smc|785924754

Hype train reporting for duty!

NaAm8We.jpg

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Choo choooooooo! :thumb: :dance: :cheers:

Awesome. So presumably that title refers to Luke, right?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
One would assume so yes. I'm also curious why the main title is red not yellow. :)

Edit: thanks to Reddit: "Jedi is a plural as well as a singular."

Last edited:

Ask a Question