The PCR Movies Thread!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
So! Do I go to the cinema after work on Friday? I really don't want to miss Moana....

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Oh OK, maybe I'll go... only to keep you happy you understand. ;)

This looks like it shall be fantastic too.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Just came across this, looks like its worth a watch!

Reaction score
I can remember as a little boy in the late 1940's and early 1950's when a gentleman would get on the bus possibly with the shakes and people behind their hand would whisper to the person next to them "he was at Dunkirk" or "he was at Al Elamaine" so sad that generation has mainly gone. No film can ever no matter how well produced reproduce the horror of being involved in that situation, nor should it.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ticket for Moana booked! Going straight after work. I can't wait.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Great film! Does the Star Wars franchise true justice. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ok, Jut to add a few words about Rogue One..

Dislikes:
- The score was good, but no where near John Williams standards, but I did read they only had 4 weeks to do the whole thing so in that case it was very good.
- R2 and C3PO didn't need to be in and it felt a bit shoe horned.

- The film in general felt very gritty and dark. Its a war film, not a happy funny U rated Star Wars film.
- Cameos.

I can't say anymore as it might/will spoil it. All I'll say is go and see it, you won't be disappointed. :thumb:

Edit: I just Googled Cameo to check the spelling as I thought I'd misspelt it. right there in the top 3 results was some R1 spoilers! :eek:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Great to hear your thoughts on it! Can't wait to see it. There are loads of good films on at the cinema, I need to catch up! :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Looks like I'm going again tonight. This time with the other half and some mates.

Love watching good film a second time, its amazing how much you miss the first time!

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Yeah true! I'm looking forward to seeing it at the IMAX. We don't go there often, but it's worthwhile for really good films.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I wish we had an IMAX near here, Uxbridge (****hole) is the nearest one. Too far just for a film. Also its £21 a ticket, Its £8.50 at the local one, free parking and a 5 min drive. :)

If I had the chance to go during the week in the day when it would be quite and it was a decent film I'd be tempted mind you.

When are you planning on seeing it?

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Yeah it is a rip off for IMAX. We're lucky though - got two nearby, although the closest one is digital rather than 70mm. We only go perhaps a couple of times a year, and don't go to the cinema much otherwise, so happy to splurge.

Aiming to go and see it at the start of January when it's quieter, but our will power may not last that long :lol:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
IMAX is 3D isn't it? I actually prefer 2D and I've never really been a fan of 3D, a mate always says 3D gives him a headache.

Avatar was good in 3D though, some of the scenes after the tree feel and burning embers were floating around looked good. A lot of time though its like they do a film in 3D just for the sake of it.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Yup, it's in 3D at the IMAX. To be honest that's not the main appeal, it's the scale of the screen that we like.

A lot of time though its like they do a film in 3D just for the sake of it.

Yeah I know what you mean. There's often a scene in most 3D films where something flies towards the camera, which wouldn't have been there except as a 3D gimmick! I like 3D when it's used well, and it doesn't give me any problems. I have unusually wide-set eyes though, and I've always assumed that's the reason behind my comfort with 3D! I've always been brilliant at Magic Eye puzzles too :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah the size of the screen must be great! Will have to do it one day, just for the experience.

I've never got on well with those magic eye things either.... I was sure they were one big troll. :lol:

Anyways, booked in again for 8pm tonight! :dance:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Can confirm, Rogue One is still good the second time around, and after reading about some of the little easter eggs in it, it was nice seeing them.

Ask a Question