Two PC's sharing same speakers...?

Reaction score
I want to run 2 PC's sharing the same speakers (a 5.1 or 2.1 system) does anyone know if there's a switch box of some sort designed for this?

:confused:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Just get some wire cutters. :brow:

But I would get some more speakers. :D

Your going to have to tell us why you want two systems to share.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
QED products are outstanding but not cheap, they make amp switchers, speaker switchers, source switchers and other such accessories. More for audio purpose than for computers.

As Mucks said, tell us why you need to have this kind of facility.

Does it have to be 6 channel on both systems.

Can you not just switch by unplugging and plugging, is it that difficult?

Are you going to use both systems at the same time? I think very unlikely, nonetheless your input is required.

Reaction score
I currently have one main rig that I'm planning upgrades for over the next few months (You've both seen my 'ultimate self-build' post 8) ) . This will leave me enough to build a second rig. One will have an Audigy Plat2 card and the other will have onboard sound. The second rig will just be used for watching DVD's and TV (linke to my 22'' monitor). The one with the Audigy will be my main games machine and for everything else. However, I'd like them both to be able to use a single set of high quality speakers (I don't have room for more).

So, rather than constantly unplugging and plugging to switch the speakers over, I just want to be able to throw a single switch somewhere, et voila!

This is only one way forward for me...I might just decide to sell the second rig on, or at least some of it's parts.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
This is only one way forward for me...I might just decide to sell the second rig on, or at least some of it's parts. [/B]

I know for sure that the switching unit would cost you more than the speakers. QED products I know to be very expensive. Passive units for stereo run as much as 50 quid if you get for all the channels that would be more than the cost of the speakers :crazy:

Do a little research on QED products and find out from a good HIFI shop who are authorised dealers if they have something which will serve the purpose.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Get a small metal box; fit three speaker jack sockets in it. Fit a multiway switch - voila! One passive switching unit, cost about 15 quid.

Ta-dum! :D

Reaction score
Ok Ok , I'm convinced...I'm gonna sell my second rig and buy a widescreen TV and sound system for DVD viewing, and just use my PC for games and stuff, with the one set of speakers.

Thanks for helping me through this moment of confusion guys!!:bow:

Ask a Question