Tv-out

Reaction score
My Desknote A929 has TV-OUT builtin but hardly works. Something happens. Screen goes Blank but doesn't transfer to the TV. The TV says S-Video so the cable is picking up the signal. But the TV shows no XP-PRO desktop. Or if I do it while the computer is booting it works but as soon as I get the login screen it goes back to the Desknote. Doesn't stay on TV.

Does this look like a MB issue or something major? Or can I just use a external device on the VGA OUT to hook to TV?

Thanks,
ivinjay

Reaction score
This is proberly a software issue. you need to enable TV viewing on the laptop.

Go to video in the control panel, click the tab on the far right. the click "advanced" there should be an option somewhere to enable the TV

Reaction score
Thanks for your quick responce aand getting the ball rolling.

I don't rememmebr where the Desknote CD is or where I got the drivers. But in the Display thing int he Control Panel on Settings Tab I clicked Advanced.

Utility Manager tab by SIS shows Video Seting and Driver Mode Setting. And one of those has a option to selesct Primary Display. changing to TV shows everything on TV now.

But the FN and F12 combo of keys doesn't automatically show on TV. Sometimes but not always. So I guess the other way is not so bad. Least it works.

Unless there a free piece of software that also switch. But at least something works.

Thanks,
ivinjay

Reaction score
For display drivers, go to your graphics adaptor's manufacturer website - be it ATI, nVidia or whatever, you will always get the very latest there. What graphics card/adaptor do you have in your machine?

Reaction score
Well the desknote (Laptop) appears to be all SIS based. And what XP detected was SIS 740 for Display in Device Manager.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just realized the problem. The link in my third post or second reply if you will to the program TV SWITCH is no good. They require NVIDIA drivers. But I don't have NVIDIA anything. And since it kinda a laptop no room for expansion PCI, ECT.

Anything similar to TV SWITCH software exisit out there for FREE?

Thanks,
ivinjay

Ask a Question