trouble bringing system up

G

Today, when i tried to boot my computer with xp home when the login page normally displays all I got was black screen. I tried safe mode, last known good configuration, all those options with the same result. black screen. I am able to see the xp logo before it goes black. I ran ediagnostics and all hardware checked out fine. I can't get windows to boot up. Any suggestions?

G

----- chris wrote: ----

Today, when i tried to boot my computer with xp home when the login page normally displays all I got was black screen. I tried safe mode, last known good configuration, all those options with the same result. black screen. I am able to see the xp logo before it goes black. I ran ediagnostics and all hardware checked out fine. I can't get windows to boot up. Any suggestions

Try tapping the f8 key during boot up and go to Safe Mode. Then go to Support and you should be able to do a System Restore. Just go back to a couple of days before you had the problem
If that doesn't work; try booting to the XP disc and go to Install (bypassing the repair). When it tells you that you already have XP tell it then to do a repair.

Ask a Question