Thunderbolt and lightning, very very frightening!

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Has anyone else in the Manchester area just had a mad thunderstorm?! We just popped out - it was sunny and warm when we left - and on our way back we had the heaviest rain and biggest hailstones I've ever seen! Some of them were an inch across (ouch, it hurt)!! There were huge cracks of lightning across the sky, would have made a great pic.

Thunderstorms rock :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I dunno about Manchester, but here in London Village the weather is quite bizarre.

Suddenly it all goes dark and like a complete curtain of rain falls down heavily for ten minutes.

Not long after, the suns out bright, the sky's blue and the roads are literally steaming. Quite odd.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I forgot to mention - we didn't have an umbrella and were both dressed for the heat :blush: Needless to say, I'm resembling a drowned rat right now.

We were meant to be going to the Dodgeball premier in Manchester, but if it's going to be like this we're not going! :(

Reaction score
I forgot to mention - we didn't have an umbrella and were both dressed for the heat :blush: Needless to say, I'm resembling a drowned rat right now.
now that would make a great photo :D

Just had a storm here in Hampshire too! all very quick! blue skies now!

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
now that would make a great photo :D
I don't think Ian would like you having a picture of him like that, it just doesn't seem right ;)

te he he

Reaction score
Been bloody mad as I was just drivign out of manchester. Massive hailstone and lightning. Very Cool :D

Reaction score
lol im sure you mean Didn't half make a noise as opposed to didn't make half a noise...?

lol

sounds weird - we just got the storm, no hail here

Reaction score
as i left work this afternoon, there was a big black cloud over old trafford (MUFC), is this a sign of the season to come???

hope so.

c'mon you blues!

and yes, thunderstorms all over here (stockport), looked like i'd imagine the end of the world to be!

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Did you go to that match the other day? I was on the bus on my way back from work and was swamped by footy fans in blue shirts on the 192, grrr!

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
lol im sure you mean Didn't half make a noise as opposed to didn't make half a noise...?

lol

sounds weird - we just got the storm, no hail here

It's a lancashire thing ;)

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Yeah, afraid so (rain, not animals) You get used to it though :)

Reaction score
My Grandad Used To live In Manchester.. I Used To Love It When We Visited Him....Cant Remember Where It was Though... Ahhh Memories!!.... Mine Is Like Swiss Cheese..:)

Reaction score
no i didn't go to the match bex.

speaking of the 192, i was on it the other weekend when we had the really hot weather, wuite possibly the worst and stinkiest bus in the world!

Ask a Question