Thermaltake Xaser III Installation

Reaction score
Thermaltake Xaser III Installation

Well most of you have read my previous review about the case Stock.. Which was Thermaltake xaser III Blue ...

Now its time to review the Thermaltake case when it has all my valued parts inside. First off I am going to say this case was pretty simple it was all screw less. I scratched some places on the top and sides it was expected. I am going to give the cons and pros of the case. All other information was told in my first review. Comments needed be harsh if you need to THANKS!!

Pros – Very big inside for any parts which you can tell with the picture I am going to provide. Everything fits perfect nothing touching. It’s actually very quite to my surprise even with the 7 fans and 2 on the PSU. It has filters on the intake fans to help with dust. Also everything is rounded off no sharp edges very nice. The locking system if very nice!!!! There’s no way you cant like the locking system you can lock the side window door which is behind the full door. Locking system is good for those little kids prying hands :D

Cons – The screw less wasn’t handy in some situations. When putting the pci cards in the kind of stuck so we pushed real hard and we thought it broke but luckily it just snapped in place. Those clips didn’t support the pci cards very securely they kind of wiggle or shake. The little probe that you put under the heat sink and on top of CPU was very cheap it fell apart while putting it on... Now it reads 92c which I hope is wrong. So it beeps every second so I had to turn it off. Fan control works though. Also when I received the case most of the little led lights that tell you if it’s on fell off so I had to guess where they went which were wrong so know there’s a blue glow spot under the case :-X makes me a little angry. Also the clips that hold the cd rom/ DVD burner don’t hold it very well which makes the DVD burner slide. it doesn’t lock in place. I didn’t get the top USB ports firewire and audio with mic ports connected I half to retry that one. - User error overall it was an easy setup.

If you have any questions about areas I didn’t cover let me know thanks...
Review by: Brett

Last edited:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Good review, it seems that that the case has more Cons than Pros :D
give us a review on your finished system!

Reaction score
USB connection are easy if you do what I told you earlier---- Did you look to see how it was connected before hand, I think I remember you said you were switching this from a previous case into this one. If that is so and you can't figure out how to plug in the 9 or so plugs, then i bet the OEM USB is just 1 large plug that clips in very nicely. Try to transfer that one oer if you need to. It should only be 2 screws. As far as the drives not locking in tight enough-- thats bumb luck- there should be a slot for a screw behind the other door if you need to secure it better.

Reaction score
its doesnt have any screws to secure it better but it doesnt matter all that much its good enough. but as for the usb its was all done right but it didnt work later on ill take another swing at it i just added some color fans to my case if you want you can take alook in the gallery makes it much nicer monday i will be getting a color changing fan for right on the window it changes depending on the temperature in the case :D. and by the way what part of Fl do u live in?

Ask a Question