Thermaltake Xaser III Blue V1420D

Reaction score
The Thermaltake Xaser III Super Tower Blue V1420D What's not to say about it. Its HUGE!!!!!! its weighs approximate 36 lbs by itself. So if you like light weight cases this is not for you. But with all that to the side ill give you the visual look first its big blue and very stylish. it has foot pegs almost like shoes that will slide out to the side front or back to give more stability. You can remove them if you like. There plastic kind of a let down since everything is steel and aluminum. the front opens in 2 ways. there's a lock you move the key 90 degrees and you can open the front aluminum piece revealing the bays and power but it also includes a reset button also. and when you turn the key full 180 degrees you can open the whole front revealing two 80 mm Thermaltake fans with filters as intake fans blowing across the tops of the hard drives. The Power supply that came with the case has two fans one on bottom and one out that back. which together totals 9 fans the psu is 420 watts its a Thermaltake Purepower 420watt

its all blue but there's a different shade of blue on the front then the body Mainly because its aluminum front and steel body. They also put a fan control piece which takes up the top 3.5" bay. what I have found out is that you can put a hard drive right in the bay with the fan control. I would not recommend this because of heat issues. Going to the side of the case there is a window which is covered with the plastic protectant. there's a knob that you twist when you open the front all the way open. Which lets you open the side window very handy when your carrying your case.

Inside is a mess of wires honestly I don't know if you can keep it organized and how of view of the window. I haven't put my parts in it yet but ill try to let you know. Its very sturdy doesn't budge if you push on it either. There's two 80 mm Thermaltake fans on the window that is inside on a plastic bracket very nice! There also intake fans with filters all the fans are orange. The blow right on the mobo and pci cards I do believe.

The back is very clean which also has the two 80 mm exhaust fans with no filters. Very clean case no scratches or marks on it that weren't done by me. The top has a little plastic covering that has a 80 mm exhaust fan I think with no filter. Which also has a little push in button that releases a door that opens and shows 2 usb ports a audio port and mic port also a firewire port. Everything is very color coordinated so hook up is very simple (not inside).

The fan control has 4 knobs fan 1, fan 2, fan 3, fan 4, and on/off switch and a button to change Celsius to Fahrenheit. Fan 1 and 4 are only able to hold 3 fans or less while fans 2 and 3 are able to hold 3 or more fans. Very nice feature. There is not back light though That's the only disappointing thing on this case.

Overall I give this case a 5 out of 5 because the back light was disappointing I can use light. The user manual was very informative. I have many pictures to follow if you need a picture of a certain part let me know THANKS and let me know how my review was its my second review so far Logitech "Trackman Wheel" mouse was my first thanks.

Attachments

• DSC04242.JPG
    DSC04242.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 4,415
  • DSC04243.JPG
    DSC04243.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 1,463
  • DSC04244.JPG
    DSC04244.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 1,138
  • DSC04245.JPG
    DSC04245.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 4,424
  • DSC04246.JPG
    DSC04246.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 7,441
  • DSC04251.JPG
    DSC04251.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,176
  • DSC04252.JPG
    DSC04252.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,529
  • DSC04253.JPG
    DSC04253.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 995
  • DSC04254.JPG
    DSC04254.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 922
  • DSC04256.JPG
    DSC04256.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,430

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Thats a pretty spiffy case, i like the locking mechinism. i wish i had a thermal thing thats on the front of you case, it will serve you well :) Nice review, keep em coming!

Reaction score
Well thank you Alf and the front bottom theres words thats say THERMALTAKE those light up if i bilieve :D and i will keep up with the reviews :D

Reaction score
/clap A hand to you, I liked your review indeed, gave me a lot more info than I can get from newegg. I just bought a case from them too, and it was a pain doing the wiring, I'm i'm still trying to bundle/mod and clean up. Hey how do your drive connect, the case I got is basically screwless all drives are pressure locked by a sliding clip--- and can you fit a harddrive cradle in the 3.5" Bay, then you could install the drive their in a cooling rack and not worry about temperature. But definatley a cool case, if I was going for a quazi professional case than one of those be the way I'd go, but I'm and RPG freek, I got the Guardian case from Newegg. The eyes are the coolest part, reminds me of "night rider." Look forward to hearing more from you.

Reaction score
honestly i didnt buy my for like prefessional i just wanna make peoples head turn when i bring it some where or maybe to the DUmb A's at bestbuy lol they would wounder why since its custom hahaha.. but yea anyway it says you can insert a HDD into the uper bay by im not sure about a rack cooler but hey thats a good idea and to add something to the review you load the hard drives facing you not flat against the front its like when you look in the case from the outside the butt of the hard drive will be looking you in the FACE BEST FEATURE!!!!! which helps on cooling since i have 2 80mm fans blowing across the tops and bottoms of it so i like it hoping wireing wount be bad but im gonna say its gonna be a PAIN!!!!!

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
CSUnited14 said:
i like it hoping wireing wount be bad but im gonna say its gonna be a PAIN!!!!!

It not that hard to wire your mobo to your case lights (or anything else for that matter) My advice? -> read the manual (no seriously it takes the fustration out) :D

Reaction score
Nice the screwless makes soo east to install and adjust. And when I said professinal I didn't mean it the way I think you took it, your choice of case is really nice, its clean cut and looks pretty sick, in contrast to me, the front of my tower is a GUNDUMN head. Our hard drives do load in the same, I have 3 available slots, and no I can't fit a cooling rack but i can fit an exaust fan in the extra 3.5" slot (mostly a tip for you if you worry about the hardrive temp).

As for motherboard ---- Just look at the connectins you have now, as for the power connections, IDE/SATA and floppy that I think is a breeze, what messed me up was attatching the front bezel USB, Headphone and MIc jacks, OEM parts are color coded and fist just perfect, MODDED case have the smae pulugs but every wire is seperate, For me, the audio plugs would not even fit in the board, I have to break out the blue clip and fit the wires on bare prongs. Have fun and good luck.

Reaction score
haha you are so correct Raje lol on bored audio will br stretched all the way across so i just used my sb audigy hahahaha but omg i set my comp up last night big diffrence from my old computer god and my mobo has a lil bilt in oc program and comp is steady at 50c not moving NICE!!!!! cpu is 2.0 just moved it to 2.1 with there program no big deal Im happy as a lil girl hahahha

Reaction score
Very nice..... I knew exactly what the new egg cases looked like, and I actually had to use my original motherboard panel from the old case to get the on board audio to fit, but I think I busted it. Its under warrenty so new one comes Fri. I had to cut into my frame to fit in the USB and Firewire, glad you didn't have to go through all that. Case sounds awsome --- What you doing bout lights, and CC's or stuff like that ---> I mean you've gone this far whats another $50 making it glow ;)

Reaction score
Yea implanning on doing a red led fan on the top spot where there a fan just gonna switch it for a red color and 2 blue led fans some where to make a nice combo its gonna be sweet but im gonna put a lil review on the case while i put it together there were a few issues Like the sensor on the front is reading totally wrong and its beepin for no reason lol. i have speed fan says temps are 40c and thefront is saying 92.3c sooooo i dunno thats crap im just gonna use the speed fan till i contact the fan maker and send me a new sensor :D

Reaction score
Hey just because, we are both building pcs and I saw something you may like. I just bought a new heatsink and fan for my processeor. Its a solid copper thermaltake heatsink for socket A and it came with an 80mm mad dog fan. Ripped that fan off and put on an 80mm chameleon fan. What is a chameleon fan you ask?? Its an 80mm clear acrylic fan with a blue fan blade and 4 blue leds. Now what makes it friggen cool, as the air around it heats up that blue(well sometimes purple) fan blade changes colors--

(Based on manufacturer's information)

Color will change at 26°C (78.8°F) from Blue to Orange.

Color will be completely changed at 33°C (91.4°F) and above.

Air Flow: 21.5 cfm
Cooling Fan Technology: Sleeve
Mounting: Internal (Chassis)
Noise Level: 20.3 dBa
Device Type: Case Cooling
In the Box: One 80mm fan, one 4-pin connector and four screws
Height: 25. mm
Width: 80 mm
Depth: 80 mm
Limited Warranty: 3 Months (90 days)

***Have not installed it just yet, when I do I will make a little review of it if you like *****

Attachments

• chamelon fan.gif
    chamelon fan.gif
    18.5 KB · Views: 345
Reaction score
Its just an 80mm fan, it does not come with the heatsink. A crappy plain black 80mm fan came with the heat sink so I switched them, you can use a socket 939 heatsink that goes to a 80mm fan. I just thought the fan was cool, and since I can't afford and of those lcd temp displays, this looked like a good alternative.

Ask a Question