The Ultimate Arrogance & Meaness Of A Virus Writer/Passer PART 1

Nomen Nescio

Nowhere is the temperment of this sociopath shown more clearly
than here. He is utterly without conscience or empathy. Below,
since his Web page of viruses for download is temporarily down,
He offers to email viruses to anyone who asks for them.

------------
The evil one spake below:

"Offering them (viruses)on a www page is not irresponsible, he
says in one of the posts below."

"That's not my problem nor concern....what the people who
download them decides to do with them is there business."

"...identify yourself as one who wants the (virus) zip files,
and I will be happy to send them."

"It's like being a little god, who see his creatures spreading
all over the world."

"Those of you who think my viruses suck, Oh well. I really don't
care that you think. Those of you who think i'm an a**hole,
Good. I don't care who or how many scum sucking lamers i infect.
I'm doing the world a favor removing dipsh*ts like that."
------------

It's all below. No attribution errors. No Lies. No taking out of
context. No "character assassination". (That isn't needed. His own
words accomplish that beyond what I could think up.)

It is amazing how many educated and smart people try arguing
with this looney tunes sociopath. He has an extreme case of
diarrhea of the mouth. An endless stream of illogical,
nonsensical shit spews from him, illustrating his sick dementia.
It seems beyond the ken of ordinary sane persons to realize the
evil inside this person which twists every truth 180 degrees
from its true polarity. No wonder he snickers and sneers at
them. They are incredibly naive.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt....author:martin+author:overton#d70c73413bdbc007

or

http://preview.tinyurl.com/2ajsneo

RAiD [SLAM]
Newsgroups: alt.comp.virus
From: (e-mail address removed) (RAiD [SLAM])
Date: 1998/01/13
Subject: ChekMate author: Question?
Hello.
By now, I'm sure you have located the virus samples, Well, does
your checker pick them up? :)

Windows 95- Where do you wanna crash today?
Oh spam bots... heres some email addys:[email protected]
Enjoy pesky spambots...

=============================

Discussion subject changed to "ChekMate detects Krile virus
samples ( 1-1e) (was ChekMate author: Question?)" by Martin
Overton

Martin Overton
Newsgroups: alt.comp.virus
From: (e-mail address removed) (Martin Overton)
Date: 1998/01/16
Subject: ChekMate detects Krile virus samples ( 1-1e) (was ChekMate author: Question?)

By now, I'm sure you have located the virus samples, Well, does
your checker pick them up? :)

I'm sure you don't want me to post my FULL results of testing your
viruses here and on my website?

So, I'll make this easy for you to understand.

1. YES!

2. All of them.

Martin Overton - Author of ChekMate - (e-mail address removed)
Detects Known & UNKNOWN Viruses for DOS,OS/2 & Win 3.x,95,NT.
Web site http://chekware.simplenet.com/cmindex.htm
*** I also keep Tarantulas & Snakes! ***

RAiD [SLAM]
More options Jan 16 1998, 3:00 am
Newsgroups: alt.comp.virus
From: (e-mail address removed) (RAiD [SLAM])
Date: 1998/01/16

I'm sure you don't want me to post my FULL results of testing
your viruses here and on my website?

Actually, as I've stated before, I do. So, post the results of
your testing here and on your www page. I will use the
information to further improve the krile family. I have an idea
as to how krile may have been nabbed, and thats only because
krile once it infected md5.exe would return to infect your
checker again. However, rest assured, this has been corrected.

Now, again, please post your results.
So, I'll make this easy for you to understand.

By all means. However, a simple YES doesn't tell me the details,
of which I have asked you three times now to provide. So,
provide them.

Windows 95- Where do you wanna crash today?
Oh spam bots... heres some email addys:[email protected]
Enjoy pesky spambots...

====================================

David Harley
Newsgroups: alt.comp.virus
From: (e-mail address removed) (David Harley)
Date: 1998/01/17

RAiD [SLAM] ([email protected]) wrote:

: In article <[email protected]>,
: (e-mail address removed) (Martin Overton) wrote:

: >I'm sure you don't want me to post my FULL results of
: >testing your viruses here and on my website?

:Actually, as I've stated before, I do. So, post the results of
:your testing here and on your www page. I will use the
:information to further improve the krile family. I have an idea
: as to how krile may have been nabbed, and thats only because
:krile once it infected md5.exe would return to infect your
:checker again. However, rest assured, this has been corrected.

You mean -your- test didn't demonstrate this? That would seem
to indicate that your test was as useless as we suspected.
That's what matters: no-one is interested in helping you with
your quality control......
--
David Harley \ | / alt.comp.virus FAQ
(e-mail address removed) \ | / & Anti-Virus Web Page

RAiD [SLAM]
Newsgroups: alt.comp.virus
From: (e-mail address removed) (RAiD [SLAM])
Date: 1998/01/17

Martin is restricted by his personal and political motivations.
He's here representing his own anti-virus product, and is doing
a great job of being polite to everyone.

Did I say he wasn't?
Since I don't have any of those sort of restrictions, I'll have
to ask why anyone would want to present information that might
help you "further improve" your silly virus? Do you think
you're developing some sort of perfect, undetectable,
reproductive malignancy? You've expended a lot of energy trying
to get people to react to your krile Shit, if you were any
good at programming you'd write something worthwhile instead of
wasting your time convincing yourself and trying to convince us
that you're some sort of evil genius. Grow up.

Rick. I'm not trying nor interested in convincing anyone of
anything, I'm certainly not a Jehovas Witness. <G> As for being
an evil genius, Nah.. I don't see it that way. I choose to write
viruses, and I will continue to write them. If you don't like
this, There isn't really too much you can do about it.

As for growing up, I have been relatively friendly throughout
this newsgroup, Why start with personal statements now?

Windows 95- Where do you wanna crash today?
Oh spam bots... heres some email addys:[email protected]
Enjoy pesky spambots...

======================================

RAiD [SLAM]
Newsgroups: alt.comp.virus
From: (e-mail address removed) (RAiD [SLAM])
Date: 1998/01/17

You mean -your- test didn't demonstrate this? That would seem
to indicate that your test was as useless as we suspected.
That's what matters: no-one is interested in helping you with
your quality control......

My test? When did I conduct any test? as for helping me, it's
not really a persons option. Once they become infected, they are
beta-testing, whether they wanted too or not. That's how it
works. :)

I'm not doren, so I'm not interested in promoting a shareware
virus to test the installation of antivirus programs.

I'd much rather develop viruses which don't alarm the user to
there presence at first. :)

Newsgroups: alt.comp.virus
From: (e-mail address removed) (Martin Overton)
Date: 1998/01/17

Actually, as I've stated before, I do.

I have not seen a reply to my last posting in the "Re: Help! My
computer is infected with KRiLE v1.0e thread" On Thu, 15 Jan
1998 08:50:36 GMT, I posted:

"I'll let you decide if you want my test report posted here
publicly. Let me know ;-)"

Until now you had not responded, and you still haven't to that
thread.
So, post the results of your testing here and on your www page.
I will use the information to further improve the krile family.
I have an idea as to how krile may have been nabbed, and thats
only because krile once it infected md5.exe would return to
infect your checker again. However, rest assured, this has been
corrected.

On reflection: in that case as it would help you with your virus
writing, I withdraw my offer to post the results.

As I stated before I find it morally unacceptable to support
virus writers, or in any way help them to make the virus problem
worse than it is.

I now see that me posting a detailed review of your viruses
would be beneficial to you and help you write new viruses, so I
withdraw my offer.

Call me old fashioned, but I prefer not to help someone break
the law.
Now, again, please post your results.

Sorry won't do as this would help you to write viruses.
By all means. However, a simple YES doesn't tell me the
details, of which I have asked you three times now to provide.
So, provide them.

Three times? OK, I'll reply three times, NO, NO and thrice NO.

I think it is sufficient to say that my product detects the
changes made to files by your viruses. I won't help you any
further.

Maybe you should take the advice of your virus writing peers and
stop writing viruses?

Newsgroups: alt.comp.virus
From: (e-mail address removed) (Martin Overton)
Date: 1998/01/17

Hi Rick,

Martin is restricted by his personal and political motivations.
He's here representing his own anti-virus product, and is
doing a great job of being polite to everyone.

There's nothing political about my motivations, they are purely
personal, nothing more, nothing less.

I try to treat people in the way I expect to be treated. As you
know I try to help people here, I'm not really cut out for
marketing as I can't bend the truth convincingly. ;-)

I have to really believe in a product, have documented
(independant) proof that it does what it says, or most often, I
take it and test it to death. Maybe that's why I do so much beta
testing, av, other software and hardware. I also have a nasty
habit of finding bugs in products, aome manufacturers like this
as I can help them improve their products, others take it as a
personal attack (which it's not).
Since I don't have any of those sort of restrictions, I'll have
to ask why anyone would want to present information that might
help you "further improve" your silly virus?

That's why I have now withdrawn my offer, as I don't and won't
help virus writers to improve their creations. Again, this is
not politics, I personally feel that writing viruses is stupid
and childish, it's a shame that they don't channel their
'talents' into more useful outlets.
Do you think you're developing some sort of perfect,
undetectable, reproductive malignancy? You've expended a lot of
energy trying to get people to react to your krile Shit, if
you were any good at programming you'd write something
worthwhile instead of wasting your time convincing yourself and
trying to convince us that you're some sort of evil genius.
Grow up.

I think that's exactly what he thinks he is doing. The samples I
saw posed no challenges for ChekMate, or indeed most generic
systems that monitor file modifications (and that cry wolf when
the fingerprint or CRC database files are deleted). No
'patching' was required, no 'hand-holding' was needed for the
modifications that the viruses made to be detected. Hell, it
doesn't even have directory stealth or is even memory resident!

Thanks for your support, or am I taking things for granted? ;-)

Martin Overton - Author of ChekMate - (e-mail address removed)
Detects Known & UNKNOWN Viruses for DOS,OS/2 & Win 3.x,95,NT.
Web site http://chekware.simplenet.com/cmindex.htm
*** I also keep Tarantulas & Snakes! ***

RAiD [SLAM]
More options Jan 17 1998, 3:00 am
Newsgroups: alt.comp.virus
From: (e-mail address removed) (RAiD [SLAM])
Date: 1998/01/17

On Fri, 16 Jan 98 22:47:47 GMT, (e-mail address removed) (RAiD [SLAM]) wrote:
"I'll let you decide if you want my test report posted here publicly.
Let me know ;-)"

and I have since posted 3 responses. This will be #4.
Until now you had not responded, and you still haven't to that
thread.

What would you like me to tell that person?
On reflection: in that case as it would help you with your
virus writing, I withdraw my offer to post the results.

Pity. You were so gung hoe about it before. What changed your mind? :)
As I stated before I find it morally unacceptable to support virus
writers, or in any way help them to make the virus problem worse than
it is.

The problem as you put it, is not as bad as people like yourself
make it out to be. You seem to be forgetting something. If
people like my self didn't code these things, there would be no
market for your program nor anyone elses relating to virus
discovery. Are you sure AV people want to not make money? those
www servers aren't cheap, nor are there support staff.
I now see that me posting a detailed review of your viruses would be
beneficial to you and help you write new viruses, so I withdraw my
offer.

I will write new viruses anyway. and I'll happily spend more time with your
program. So that even if your not willing to provide details, I'll have
them eventually.
Call me old fashioned, but I prefer not to help someone break the law.

Where I reside, it's not illegal for me to write them.
Sorry won't do as this would help you to write viruses.

again, I'm going to continue writing anyway. This stance of
yours doesn't help anyone avoid them.
I think it is sufficient to say that my product detects the
changes made to files by your viruses. I won't help you any
further.

Yes, I'm sure it does. Your product shells to a 3rd party
utility for verification. Your programs internal check method
however will not report modification, since your file is
restored to it's original condition before it gets control.
Maybe you should take the advice of your virus writing peers
and stop writing viruses?

My virus writing peers? They encourage viruses, They don't
suggest quit writing. and if all virus writers did stop writing,
You wouldn't have a business. Nor would most AV
______________________________
KRiLE "Are we having fun yet?"
______________________________
[Email? (e-mail address removed)

======================================

Newsgroups: alt.comp.virus
From: (e-mail address removed) (RAiD [SLAM])
Date: 1998/01/17

I think that's exactly what he thinks he is doing. The samples
I saw posed no challenges for ChekMate, or indeed most generic
systems that monitor file modifications (and that cry wolf when
the fingerprint or CRC database files are deleted). No
'patching' was required, no 'hand-holding' was needed for the
modifications that the viruses made to be detected. Hell, it
doesn't even have directory stealth or is even memory resident!

Are you claiming your programs self check is better then DSAV,
fprot, AVP? And no, its not memory resident. nor does it employ
directory stealth, of course, this is all explained in the
documentation file which comes with the binary. The only reason
KRiLE didn't get past your self check is because you choose to
shell to another application, which krile then immediatly
infects your file. However, I've noticed you didn't bother to
mention your program doesn't see any changes to itself before it
shells to md5.exe.
KRiLE "Are we having fun yet?"
[Email? (e-mail address removed)

END PART 1