Bargain The Sun '£9.50' Holidays

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/sun-holidays

The Sun markets these as £9.50 holidays, but in reality they're never that cheap. That doesn't mean it's not a decent deal though – you can bag four-day holiday park breaks from under £44, simply by collecting tokens with The Sun and The Sun on Sunday newspapers.

You'll need to collect 10 tokens in papers from Sat 8 Jul to Tue 1 Aug, for holidays between Fri 1 Sep and Mon 21 May 2018. Watch out for a host of extra charges, though. This guide explains how to sidestep these, and save £100s on a family getaway.

These are a good deal. Me and mum and sister went on five of them. We went from York to just near the Eden Project for one of them. As it is a really long way to go I rang them up and asked if we could book extra days. They told me I could book two of the four day offers for the same price so we ended up with a six berth caravan for eight days for £80. That was less than the cost of one nights bed and breakfast for an eight day holiday.
:thumb:

Reaction score
I think what Flopps is getting at is the Sun has been Boycotted by people from Liverpool and the surrounding area due to the Hillsborough incident and horrible lies reported in it many years ago

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I think what Flopps is getting at is the Sun has been Boycotted by people from Liverpool and the surrounding area due to the Hillsborough incident and horrible lies reported in it many years ago

Ah ha ok. I do not really know much about that side of the disaster. The establishment behaved in a totally unacceptable way all the way throughout the whole sad and sorry affair. :cool:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
TXD sussed it, I thought it was common knowledge.

There is now talk of many other football clubs across the UK boycotting the rag.

I'm old enough to remember when it was first published, the very first issue was in my young hands and I thought there was something iffy about it from the start.

Mind you, they have strong competition against the Daily Heil....

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
TXD sussed it, I thought it was common knowledge.

There is now talk of many other football clubs across the UK boycotting the rag.

I'm old enough to remember when it was first published, the very first issue was in my young hands and I thought there was something iffy about it from the start.

Mind you, they have strong competition against the Daily Heil....

Oh ok. I never pay no mind to football stuff at all. I knew the Hillsborouh folk had had some resolution to the scandal at long last and fair do's to em for keeping the pressure on for so long. It is very sad that they have at the same time been keeping alive and fresh the loss of loved ones instead of moving on.

:cool:

Ask a Question