The Matrix: Rebirth 8.0 Case Mod

Reaction score
Howdy folks, I thought you may be interested in checking out my work!..I would enjoy your feedback and look forward to reading up on the other posts!...

The Matrix: Rebirth 8.0

If you like it, Vote for this case mod on September 25-26 on TechTV!!

The Screen Savers Coolest Case Mod Contest

Conceptually this work represents duality, from the harsh reality of the ‘real world’ and the artificially created dream world known as The Matrix. The left side of the casemod with its reflective surfaces is suggestive of the director(s) creative use of mirrors and reflections. On the right side, we have the real world: dark and bleak, but chillingly purposeful.

P1001844.jpg

P1001848a.jpg

Here we have a close up of the egg which holds the animatronic fetus. The fetus is 1.5 inch puppet with a handmade brass skeleton with hinges at the shoulders and hips. While displayed, the egg is filled with a mixture of pure glycerine tinted with red and yellow food dye, and "floating bits" made from cotton balls. When the button is pressed on the control panel, the fetus begins a pre-programmed series of twitches and joint movement. The Puppet II controler board contains a few kilobytes of EEPROM for storing your predetermined servo actions.

P1001836.jpg

Reaction score
I think i've alredy commented on this case somewhere or other, but i'm going to have to do it again.

DAMN! Thats one fine piece of work, the attention to detail is just mind blowing. I must admit following your project logs I thought at times that you might not pull this one off, you proved me wrong alright!

And the moving fetus in the butchered champagne glass, thats just the icing on the cake, that must seriously freak people out.

Amazing work!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Wow - that is another fine case mod!

How many hours did it take you in total to make that? It looks like a hell of a lot of work! :bow:

Reaction score
Hey thanks for checking it out mates!...You know the fetus was a bit freaky to make even...and that it freaks people out is is even better!...it's interesting but when making something so small like the fetus, your fingers can only work in a certain scale..the puppet you see there is the third one i made for this project, as the others didnt come out like I wanted

Each time I tried to make it smaller, it came out almost the same exact size..weird.

I think it took me about 7-800 hours to complete over 12 weeks sitting at my kitchen table. I really need a proper workshop! Cheers.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That is a long time - but I can see why now! I didn't realise you made the foetus yourself - what is it made out of?

You might be interested in putting this mod in the "Mod of the month" section to the left, as it would do really well in there :) (check it out in the drop down box).

Reaction score
Originally posted by Ian Cunningham
That is a long time - but I can see why now! I didn't realise you made the foetus yourself - what is it made out of?

You might be interested in putting this mod in the "Mod of the month" section to the left, as it would do really well in there :) (check it out in the drop down box).

Hey thanks Ian, I'll check out the contest info!..You know I first started searching for a 'fetus model' but I couldnt find anything small enough..they do use models in hospitals and nursing schools and thats the sites I searched on.

I basically started with a brass skeleton, making the shoulders and hips movable with small levers that protrude from the back of the puppet. Then I sculpted the flesh from Super Sulpey (a clay that hardens in your oven)to form the shape. After that i used my airbrush to put about 20 coats of liquid latex on it to create the skin.

You can check out a QiuckTime video* of the fetus twitching here:

Video

*requires the quicktime plugin.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Matt Jason H
You defiantly deserve one. Got any moer mods planed yet, i can't wait to see them?

I'm making one more in a two part series of the Matrix theme. Next mod will be a full sized atx system based on the P4 3.2 Canterwood and will be my gaming monster!

(hint**) there will be a watercooling system installed with a 'body' inside the resevior.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You have some excellent ideas there! I can only imagine what this next mod is going to be like :D

The body in the res would be completely unlike anything out there, and there are some good possibilities with watercooling for extra mods.

Have you ever thought about making a "borg" case?

Reaction score
Originally posted by Ian Cunningham

Have you ever thought about making a "borg" case? [/B]

You know I was asked about a borg case before...Start with a cube case and detail it with model parts, some internal lighting. How would you see it as an end result? Interesting or...'meh'?

may be a cool idea in the end

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I think it would probably be a very interesting result, as many have tried it, but have never had the skills that you have for modelling. Your skills combined with some green CC tubes and a VFD/LCD would make an awesome case :spin:

Reaction score
It would be cool to sort of put this idea together with the feedback of the users here. get some ideas for form factor, case style and so on. I could probably get to it after the new year. Would be neat to see it develop using polls/voting..Hmmm..ideas...

Reaction score
The worlds first 'interactive' mod project, heh.

Like the sound of it, some serious resin work would have to go into that! A Borg style control panel would make a really nice feature to the case, especially if it was functional.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Matt Jason H
The worlds first 'interactive' mod project, heh.

Like the sound of it, some serious resin work would have to go into that! A Borg style control panel would make a really nice feature to the case, especially if it was functional.

I think its a neat idea too. Even people who aren't modders come up with great ideas/solutions, from budget to design. The folks at Via have also promised a mainboard to me to use in a new project...although I would like to see a bit more performance wise in a Borg case than an Epia, unless they come out with the P4 version soon..but then again it wont have an agp slot...

The Via P4MA Pro 533 maybe???

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
The attention to detail is staggering, well done CS.

I liked the video.

I'll be honest, when I first saw it, I didn't like it much, I prefer smooth, whole blocks kind of thing, but it's grown on me - I like it.

Cool concept :D

Ask a Question