Taskbar icons

G

How do I keep my taskbar icons seperate from my desktop icons? If I put my desktop icons in folders, the same icon on my taskbar disappears. They use to be seperate in Windows ME. Can I go back to that way of keeping my icons in Windows XP?

G

I'm wondering about the same thing. I've been trying to figure out how to get certain icons on my task bar, like My Documents, etc. How did you do it with ME. Maybe if I can get started, I can figure it out and help both of us.

G

In ME, all I had to do to put icons (one click) in the taskbar was to drag and drop them there. Now they automatically show up when you try this. Everything on my desk top is in my taskbar now. If I hide the desk top, they disappear too. This is dumb. I thought the purpose of having a taskbar was to be able to access your files while sufing the net. Now I have to choose to keep both clean or both full at the same time. That's stupid.

Ask a Question