system standby failed

G

Same problem here.
I get error message whenver i try to put my computer into standb

System Standby Failed. Device Driver for "CXT AC-Link Modem for Intel" device is preventing the machine from entering standby. Close applications and try again. You may need to update driver.

So I updated driver for modem but didn't work
So I uninstalled device then, I get same problem but this time it was changed from modem-->communications port (COM1

System Standby Failed. Device Driver for Communications Port (COM1) device is preventing the machine from entering standby. Close applications and try again. You may need to update driver.

then i restarted my computer
and error message is still popping u

System Standby Failed. Device Driver for "CXT AC-Link Modem for Intel" device is preventing the machine from entering standby. Close applications and try again. You may need to update driver.

G

I can't go into standby without getting the error, DEVICE DRIVER FOR THE COMMUNICATIONS PORT (COM1) device is preventing the machine from entering standby
Can anyone helP

----- deborah wrote: ----

Same problem here.

So I uninstalled device then, I get same problem but this time it was changed from modem-->communications port (COM1

System Standby Failed. Device Driver for Communications Port (COM1) device is preventing the machine from entering standby. Close applications and try again. You may need to update driver.

G

Same problem here. I take it there has been no support on this issue

I've uninstalled the com port. It came back and said the winmodem driver was causing it to crash. I uninstalled that (DSL, ETHERNET connection). Went back to the com port device preventing standby

Very annoying

----- lynn wrote: ----

I can't go into standby without getting the error, DEVICE DRIVER FOR THE COMMUNICATIONS PORT (COM1) device is preventing the machine from entering standby
Can anyone helP

----- deborah wrote: ----

Same problem here.

Ask a Question