Sun Microsystems sues Microsoft in US$1 billion private anti-trust law suit

Reaction score
Sun Microsystems is suing the Microsoft Corporation in a US$1 billion private anti-tust law suit. This is because Microsoft stoped distributing Sun's Java Virtual Machine and to included Sun's Java plug-in with Windows XP and Internet Explorer instead.

Sun Microsystems has become the latest organisation to sue Microsoft with claims arising from last year's anti-trust ruling against the company.

Sun is seeking damages for the 'harm' it perceives has been done to the success of its Java programming language and platform by Microsoft's 'illegal efforts to maintain and expand its monopoly power'.

Read the full stoty here

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I'm sorry but Sun shot themselves in the foot the first time round, and now they want more. Good grief.
Microsoft spokesman Vivek Varma expressed surprise with Sun's decision, as the two company's recently settled a similar lawsuit from 1997, with Microsoft paying $20 million in damages and accepting a new licensing agreement that limits the ways in which it can use Java.

'Any lack of consumer acceptance of Java,' said Varma, 'is due to Sun's own failures and not by actions by Microsoft.'

Yep, I agree.

Ask a Question