Static

Reaction score
I was just wondering how much static would ruin a motherboard? i earth my self on a radiator thats earthed, is this ok? butam worried about static from the carpet. am i being too cautious?

Reaction score
Static isn't too big a problem as long as you're careful, try and handle the motherboard at the edges if possible. A quick tap on the radiator now and then should be fine.

Best be safe than sorry.

Reaction score
if your really woried buy an anti static wrist band, only cost a couple of pounds.

Reaction score
Tanker its not just static you should be worried about!!
Electro Magnetic Pulse (EMP) can also destroy a motherboard as well as your kitchen blender and car so don't build your PC next to any Nuclear Weapon Test Centre's Ok.. :)

Tanker its good to take precautions and just earth yourself by touching any Grounded metal object.. a Bath (not the plastic variety), a radiator as already mentioned would suffice....

And as for static... Try this its Cool
Get an inflated balloon and rub it in your hair for a short while... then place the ballon on the wall... MAGIC it will stick like glue.... :) its good for christmas as you dont have to use pins .... this keeps me amused anyway..lol

Ask a Question