Start Menu "All Programs" - Not enough room to list all programs

G

Hello everyone

I have installed a large number of applications over the last couple years and have hit the problem that there isn't enough space for XP to display all of the items when I click on "All Programs" under the Start menu. I know that I can go through explorer and open up the "Start menu" folder, but that isn't quite as handy as the start button

Is there a way to change how XP displays the items in the start menu "All programs" or be able to scroll over in order to see all listings

Thanks for your time
Tom Gustafson

D

dev

Tom Gustafson said:
I have installed a large number of applications over the last couple
years and have hit the problem that there isn't enough space for XP to
display all of the items when I click on "All Programs" under the Start
menu. I know that I can go through explorer and open up the "Start
menu" folder, but that isn't quite as handy as the start button.

Is there a way to change how XP displays the items in the start menu
"All programs" or be able to scroll over in order to see all listings?

Try a right-click on START. Then click PROPERTIES|CUSTOMIZE|ADVANCED tab.
Scroll down to "scroll" and enable it.

G

GK

Tom said:
Hello everyone,

I have installed a large number of applications over the last couple years and have hit the problem that there isn't enough space for XP to display all of the items when I click on "All Programs" under the Start menu. I know that I can go through explorer and open up the "Start menu" folder, but that isn't quite as handy as the start button.

Is there a way to change how XP displays the items in the start menu "All programs" or be able to scroll over in order to see all listings?

Thanks for your time,
Tom Gustafson

Right click on the start button, properties, customize. Scroll down to "Scroll
programs." Place a check there.

G

GK

Tom said:
Hello everyone,

I have installed a large number of applications over the last couple years and have hit the problem that there isn't enough space for XP to display all of the items when I click on "All Programs" under the Start menu. I know that I can go through explorer and open up the "Start menu" folder, but that isn't quite as handy as the start button.

Is there a way to change how XP displays the items in the start menu "All programs" or be able to scroll over in order to see all listings?

Thanks for your time,
Tom Gustafson

Right click on the start button, properties, startmenu, customize. Scroll down to "Scroll
programs." Place a check there.

Ask a Question