Windows XP Spyware and adaware

Reaction score
i am looking for advice on the best programmes to use for spy-blocking and pop-up blocking.

i am running Mozilla and Mozilla Firefox on my computers and have used Spybot S & D before.

I have now moved on to Spyblaster and Adaware 6 but Spyware clearly states that it does not remove Spyware only protects the computer from more.

Therefore should I have all three on the computer or does Adaware remove the spies.

I have noticed though that when I rcovered all the found spies fro Search and Destroy (Spybot) Adaware did not pick them all up.

What software should I use?

I have also noticed that the DSO Exploit"bug" will not delete and is constantly being found again and again by Spybot.

Any ideas how to get rid of this? None of the other two progs are picking it up a second time. They think they have deleted it.

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
One uses ...

• [*]Antivirus

[*]Ad-aware

[*]SpywareBlaster, yes you are right, it does not remove spy ware, but protects you from it installing.

[*]Firewall even XPs is better than non at all

Google toolbar is pretty good as a "pop-up" stopper
Is SBS&D still having trouble with DSO Exploit. :rolleyes:

Also Read this

Reaction score
Yes I used your excellent set up forum. :D

But Do you know how to remove the Exploit and is it a serious threat?
Thanx

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
But Do you know how to remove the Exploit and is it a serious threat?
Thanx
Well, you don't "remove it", you tell SBS&D to ignore it ... somewhere in its workings. Sorry Don't use SBS&D. :p

It's an error by SBS&D ... as long as you have the latest critical updates from Windows there is no "exploit". ;)

Ask a Question