Windows XP Speed-up your Acrobat Reader to being lightning fast!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Adobe Reader SpeedUp is a simple application that was created to help make the loading time of Adobe's Acrobat/Reader software bearable for everyday use. AR SpeedUp only needs to be used once (a process taking only a few seconds) and then your 'Reader will be transformed forever.

I tried it and it really works! I use the Acrobat Reader 6 and this particular version is surprisingly slower, albeit more powerful. I was amazed at how fast the file was opened, usually it takes a few seconds but after installing this little utility the file was almost opened instantly.

It is just a 100k utility zip file, you have nothing to loose!

Adobe Reader Speed-Up v1.21

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Techy said:
how does it do it quad?
By simply disabling the plug-ins you do not need!

If you notice that when the Reader starts it loads many plug-ins which you may or may not need, this program simply disables the plug-ins and loads only the absolute necessary ones so the program starts quickly. You can if you like load all those plug-ins that you need at he time of installation by checking the required plug-ins, otherwise go for the default option and install the program by clicking the button. Its very easy and not rocket science at all.

I hope I have been able to clear things up for you!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Update - An even better utility!

Here is even a better version of the Acrobat Reader Utility that I discovered recently. It is even more powerful in the sense that it does a few more things which come in very handy. The download is slightly larger at about 290kb, still a very small utility.

The features include:

• No splash screen
• Turn off auto updates
• Better speed for Lan and Cable Connection
• Clear recent file list
• Disable browser integration
• Remove “My eBooks” from My Documents folder created by Adobe
• Turn off Adobe advertisement in upper right hand corner of the toolbar
• Works with version 3.0 all the way to 6.xx
• …..and some more

I have tried it and it works very similarly like the previous utility albeit giving you more control over what you can do in the process.

AcroPDF Speedup Utility

Ask a Question