Windows XP sorry forgot to mention something

Reaction score
The strangest thing!!! Please help!!!

Hello to everyone!!!
Recently I bought a new CD-burner (ARTEC WRR-52Z).
I fitted it in my case and installed the Nero express (version 5.5) that came with the drive.....

The CD burner can burn cds in various speeds starting from 8x to maximum of 52x.....

I tried to burn a data cd.... (burnt an avi file with a subtitles file) and the burning process was fine!

The only strange thing was an error I received before Nero finalised the cd: "Data verification failed"

I tried to burn not in TAO but in DAO... the same happened.

The story continues.... when I put the burnt cd on my DVD-CDR drive it reads it fine and plays the file.....

BUT! When I put the burned CD on the "NEW" CD-burner.... it reads the contents of the disc with windows explorer (I mean u can browse the cd) BUT I cannot playback the avi file!! The subtiles are ok.

So... i hope I didint confuse you....
To summarise: the new CD-burner I bought, burns cds successfully, you can browse the newly burned cd (on the CD-burner) but you cannot playback files that it burned!!!

Very strange!!!

P.S. I dont know whether this "Data verification process failed" has something to do with that. If yes.... do I have to change anything in the Nero settings? or is there something wrong with the new CD-burner?

Please if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it a lot!!
:bow:
Thanks guys!! :)
take care!:spin:

Reaction score
There's somethig else I need to mention for my new CDburner.

It is very strange but it can opens and plays avi files that my old cd-burner created on the same cds. (meaning that the cds Im using are the same cds I used for my old cd-burner)

It is very very strange because the new cd-burner does not like for some reason t playback files that it burnt!!!

anyway,... any ideas would be really appreciated!!!
Take care!
bye 4 now!:spin: :)

Edit by Mucks ... please keep your threads together. ;)

Ask a Question