Sony Vaio PCV-RS504 TV Tuning

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to this site and was wandering if perhaps one of you may be able to advise me.
I have just bought this pc but am having trouble connecting it to use also as a tv. As I have a Digital set top box I have a scart lead plugged into the back of the Digital box and the 3 red/white/green phono(?) end bits plugged into the front of my pc. Does anyone have any ideas of what I am doing wrong? any advice would be greatly appreciated as I cannot seem to pick up any channels at all during the tv tuning process?

AMB

Reaction score
it will only pick up the one digital channel, you'll need to change channel on the box.

(thats unless your PC's got an inbuild digital decoder, which i doubt)

Reaction score
I own a RS430G and have same problem - I called sony and their tech support said that their computers cannot change the stb automatically, which is a complete bummer! My buddy bought an HP and it changes the channel for him. I think it does that by having its own remote controler aimed at the stb. Does anyone know of any third part kits that can be attached to sony? I am feeling really bad about paying more for this computer and not having that feature...

Reaction score
Don't feel bad about that.... you should feel bad about having to pay £121 for a TV licence (Each Year) just to support the BBC....

Damned Swines!.... I feel bad about having to pay for crap i do not ASK for!

I have to pay for them or im not able to view any other broadcast!... hows that for freedom of speech?.. The right to recieve and pass information?

Hang the Stinking BBC... I had to pay for my DVD of "Walking with Dinosours".. and "The Planets"... Why didnt my licence Fee cover it?..

It seems to cover Eberon in another thread in another country watching BBC channels (for free) that i have to fund!! yet i cannot recieve

Yep.... i just hope the next rouge terrorist hijacked aircraft lands nose down at Broadcasting House.. ( Sorry that was a little too strong ) i wouldn't want to see anyone die.... but i sure would love to kick the S@;t out of the TV Licencing Personnel for weeks on end!.. then start all over again!..

it would be a good thing for freedom... and it would make me feel better too!

I really wouldn't mind if the licence fee was just a subscription thing but its not....... BBC or Nothing!.... Fine.... Stick Your BBC as Far as You Can Get It!

Sorry Toucy subject!.. :)

Ask a Question