Windows XP Sick of MSN?

Reaction score
MSN was bugging the hell out of me, when ever i turned my pc on, it would start itself up and i'd end up talking to some annoying girl for hours (and i'll i wanted to do was play unreal!). Even when i turned the option off (so it wouldn't load on startup it still did).

To get rid of it try this (it worked for me)

START>RUN
enter the following:
RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

you may get asked to exit the program, if you do just click yes and it'll exit and uninstall.

After that the pc will restart... upon restart you might get asked something about personal settings (can't quite remember now) i just click yes...... and it's gone.. YAY :)

NOTE *if you use trillian.... it'll still works*

Reaction score
I've been using Trillian since the early 0.7 days and I'm very happy with it. I have also disabled MSN messenger so it doesn't launch when I open my computer. It still annoys me that it launches when I open Hotmail or another MSN site, and it can't close until the site has been closed. Seems to me like this could be a really bad security exploit, but I don't know.

I keep it installed only because my sister uses it, and she has it set to it logs on automatically when she logs into her account. Yuk.

Reaction score
Yeah i kno what u mean... i was getting it when i opened outlook... it was opening in the background.. (it was in the processes [task manager]) but not on screen!

Ask a Question