Seagate Barracuda hard drive – which model?

Reaction score
I am sorting out the kit for a new PC and I am considering going for 2 Seagate Barracuda hard drives (primarily because they are very quiet so will not interfere with my audio and music production applications).

The thing is there are three models I am looking at and I can’t decide which one to go for:

Barracuda IV, Barracuda V or Barracuda V Serial.

They all sem to have similar spec.s to me. I am confused. :confused:

What are the key differences and if possible I’d like to know how would they affect music / audio applications. Also, what about things like reliability / lifespan etc compared to IBM for example?

Have a look at http://www.seagate.com/cda/products/discsales/desktop/ for the product listings.

I’d really appreciate it if anyone could help me out – thanks!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
As I see it ther is no real difference between the IV & V ... the V would be newer?

However, serial is the latest, but you will need a motherboard that has serial HD controlers. :spin:

Reaction score
I'd go for the Serial ATA one, because the thinner cables just kick ass, but if you don't have suppot, just get the V.

Ask a Question