Schedule VPN Connection

gary pharr

I have a VPN connection setup to my office from home. I
want to schedule the connection so it connects at a
certain time each day. Apparently the System Agent[Task
Scheduler] in XP can not do this? I tried putting a
shortcut on the desktop but the Scheduler will not run
it. Is there a way to write a script to handle this task?
I guess I could buy a third party scheduler but that
seems silly when one is built-in to the OS. Any
suggestions are appreciated.

Gary

Sam Salhi [MSFT]

Use this command in your task scheduler
Rasdial.EXE <entryname> [username [password]] [/Domain:domain]
to disconnect:
Rasdial.exe entryname /disconnect

That should solve your problem

Joined
Sep 6, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello there,
i am facing the same issue. I tried what you said but I think I am doing something wrong.
what is the entryname?

can you give me the exact syntax that I need to put after Rasdial.EXE?
thanks in advanced
Hisham

Joined
Jul 29, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
hello, i have the same problem,

i need to know where i have to write this command (Rasdial.EXE)?
i mean where in task schdule?????

hkohila said:
Hello there,
i am facing the same issue. I tried what you said but I think I am doing something wrong.
what is the entryname?

can you give me the exact syntax that I need to put after Rasdial.EXE?
thanks in advanced
Hisham

Joined
Jul 29, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
hello Sam, please help me in this way.

Sam Salhi [MSFT] said:
Use this command in your task scheduler
Rasdial.EXE [username [password]] [/Domain:domain]
to disconnect:
Rasdial.exe entryname /disconnect

That should solve your problem

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights

"gary pharr" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have a VPN connection setup to my office from home. I
> want to schedule the connection so it connects at a
> certain time each day. Apparently the System Agent[Task
> Scheduler] in XP can not do this? I tried putting a
> shortcut on the desktop but the Scheduler will not run
> it. Is there a way to write a script to handle this task?
> I guess I could buy a third party scheduler but that
> seems silly when one is built-in to the OS. Any
> suggestions are appreciated.
>
> Gary

Joined
Mar 28, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Open task scheduler
add scheduled task
choose browse
go to windows\system32
choose rasdial
Under Run: type in rasdial.exe vpn-name username password /domain:domain-name

be sure to include spaces. best way to test connection is to play with it in the command prompt

Hope this helps http://www.bridgehousepc.info