Samsung 172T 17" LCD Monitor

Reaction score
MBReview has a review of the new Samsung 172T 17" LCD Monitor. You can read the review here.

<center>
</center>

The package also includes the analog and digital cables for use with the 172T and your graphics card. If you can use the digital connection, I highly recommend it, you won't be let down. The last item of note that is included in the package is the wall mounting bracket, and the necessary hardware. The 172T is a gem as it can be folded down and mounted to your wall if you ever chose to do so. Talk about saving desk space, this 172T could be the ultimate space saver.

Read the review here.

Reaction score
Insects inside Samsung LCD Monitor

I purchased a 171 s LCD Monitor from Samsung. 3 months ago.
Insects have managed to enter the screen between the screen panels. They are therefore continually visible crawling across the screen.
I notified Samsung and they immediately offered to replace the screen. When I attempted to take them up on their offer they withdrew it, saying that insects could not penetrate behind the screen. I now have a very unsatisfactory purchase and a very unhelpful supplier.
Any suggestions.

Reaction score
Michael69

Dear Old & Grey,
My son pointed me to your comment. You are not alone.
I had just mentioned to him that I was watching a very small insect creeping around INSIDE the glass of my monitor. I was just hoping that it would die and not breed.
I am so glad that Samsung tell you that this is impossible!
To be fair, my monitor is Belinea (plus insects).

This is no recommendation, but this morning I sprayed the slots in the back with a fly killer aerosol. Desperate measures but I cant see any insects tonight.
Good luck with Samsung and wee beasties.
Mike.

Ask a Question