Removed : Please Dont Shop In Pc World (dixons Group)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The thread entitled Please Dont Shop In Pc World (dixons Group) has been removed after a legal intervention from Dixons Group plc.

The e-mails enclosed in the thread contained personal information and telephone number of PC World employees - which breaks the data protection act.

Although it is encouraged to express personal opinions here, the information posted must not break any of our terms and conditions - or disclose any personal/sensitive information.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
... which breaks the data protection act?

Show me ... :D

Sensitive personal data.
2. In this Act "sensitive personal data" means personal data consisting of information as to-

(a) the racial or ethnic origin of the data subject,
(b) his political opinions,
(c) his religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature,
(d) whether he is a member of a trade union (within the meaning of the Trade Union and Labour Relations (Consolidation) Act 1992),
(e) his physical or mental health or condition,
(f) his sexual life,
(g) the commission or alleged commission by him of any offence, or
(h) any proceedings for any offence committed or alleged to have been committed by him, the disposal of such proceedings or the sentence of any court in such proceedings

http://www.hmso.gov.uk/acts/acts1998/19980029.htm

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Do you have a complaint with PCWord/Dixons/Currys :confused:

Then feel free to voice your opinion Here or Here :D

Ask a Question