    I've accumulated alot of stuff on right click menu. Some of it I'd
    rather not have there. How can I remove items from it?

    , Nov 18, 2004

  2. Guest Guest

    explain your statement better , what are you talking
    about and how are you doing this

    Guest, Nov 18, 2004

  3. Don Varnau Guest

    Hi,

    First create a System Restore point. Start> Programs> Accessories> System
    Tools> System Restore. That will make it easy to undo changes.
    - - - -
    Archived post from Kelly 6/2/03

    It depends on where in the right click menu.

    Go to Start/Run/Regedit and navigate to:

    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\OpenWithList
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers

    This is where some items are located.

    You can also go to a specific File extension (example:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.txt\ShellNew) and right click on the ShellNew key and
    select Delete, if the item shows up in the New context menu.

    Other Checkpoints

    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers

    Customizing Right-Click Menu Options in Windows
    http://www.jfitz.com/tips/rclick_custom.html

    ContextEdit lets you control which items appear on your context menu
    (right-click) in Windows Explorer.

    Add, Modify, Disable, Delete Context Menu Listings (Line 23)
    - - - -
    Don
    --
    MVP IE/OE
    Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

    Don Varnau, Nov 18, 2004
  4. CS Guest

    On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 15:02:04 -0600, wrote:

    >I've accumulated alot of stuff on right click menu. Some of it I'd
    >rather not have there. How can I remove items from it?

    Go here:

    Scroll on down to "Right Click Menu - Delete items"

    CS, Nov 18, 2004

    "Don Varnau" <don_04[at]varnau[dot]org> writes:

    > <reader[at]newsguy.com> wrote in message news:...
    >> I've accumulated alot of stuff on right click menu. Some of it I'd
    >> rather not have there. How can I remove items from it?

    Thanks Don, for an information packed reply.
    Those pointers covered all I need.

    , Nov 21, 2004