Reg keys and file locations after SP2

Eric Webb

From: "Eric" <[email protected]>
Subject: Registry Keys after SP2 install
Date: Tuesday, August 31, 2004 3:34 PM

Hi,
I ran Symantec Utilities registry scanner before an SP2
install and got no error messages. After the install, I
have some missing references.

First, two missing shared DLL files:

Key SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs
refers to a missing file:

D:\WINNT\$NtServicePackUninstall$\wuv3is.dll <--

Key SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs
refers to a missing file:

D:\WINNT\System32\iuctl.dll <--

I can't find a version of the wuv3is.dll file, but the
iuctl.dll file is in two places:

D:\WINNT\$NtServicePackUninstall$ (version 5.4.3790.20)
D:\WINNT\ServicePackFiles\386 (version 5.4.3630.1106)

Second, there are about 50 errors regarding ActiveX/COM
entries. Most of the errors state that InProcServer32
points to file dxmrtp.dll missing from WINNT\System32,
which indeed is correct.

The most current version of dxmrtp.dll now resides within
WINNT\WinSxS... (version 5.2.4949.2180).

Should these registry entries now point to the side by
side directory or should there also be a version in the
\System32 library?

Any help would be appreciated--my boss likes a clean
Registry :)

Regards,
Eric

Ad