Recommended firewall for mandrake?

Reaction score
Hello

Does anyone have a recommended firewall for mandrake? (Appart from using the one built in) , im curious to see things trying to leach onto ports in real time, like the way black ice or zone alarm displays...

Thanks!

Reaction score
pc_god said:
Hello

Does anyone have a recommended firewall for mandrake? (Appart from using the one built in) , im curious to see things trying to leach onto ports in real time, like the way black ice or zone alarm displays...

Thanks!
Try Guarddog, available from sourceforge, where you can get a mandrake rpm.

When installed you need to log into a terminal as root where you then launch the program to configure it. It's quite easy to administer once you realise that you are allowing/blocking protocols, rather than programs (like Zone Alarm)

Ian

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
ianmillington said:
Try Guarddog, available from sourceforge, where you can get a mandrake rpm.

When installed you need to log into a terminal as root where you then launch the program to configure it. It's quite easy to administer once you realise that you are allowing/blocking protocols, rather than programs (like Zone Alarm)

Ian
I'll have to install this once I get Linux installed on my server again, sounds like a good application.

Reaction score
For my linux hosting servers i use a Firewall called,

APF

Give it a google, "APF firewall" and see if anything interesting is returned.

Chris,

Ask a Question