    --
    Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/
    OutlookSpy - Outlook, CDO
    and MAPI Developer Tool
    -

    Dmitry Streblechenko, Jan 6, 2009

  2. You can set these properties using Extended MAPI (shouldn't be a problem if
    you are using C++) - IMessage interface can be obtained through the
    MailItem.MAPIOBJECT property. To retrieve the accoutn naame and id, use the
    IOlkAccountManager interface.

    --
    Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/

    Dmitry Streblechenko, Jan 8, 2009

  3. The first account in the list returned by IOlkAccountManager::GetOrder
    method is teh default one.
    You can play with IOlkAccountManager in OutlookSpy - click Misc |
    IOlkAccountManager.

    --
    Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/

    Dmitry Streblechenko, Jan 9, 2009
  4. Do not reset the default account, simply set the appropriate named
    properties on the message to tell Outlook which account it should use for
    sending.

    --
    Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/

    Dmitry Streblechenko, Jan 9, 2009
  5. How exactly do you send the message?
    Are you sure you set these properties correctly? Did you compare the values
    to the messages sent through through teh UI?

    --
    Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/

    Dmitry Streblechenko, Jan 12, 2009
  6. You are posting through officekb.com, not direcly to the Microsoft server.
    I saw your reply just fine, but I don't think you answered my questions:

    1. How exactly do you send the message?
    2. Are you sure you set these properties correctly? Did you compare the
    values to the messages sent through through the UI? I mean the message
    properties that hold the account name and id, not the
    PR_SENT_REPRESENTING_XXX properties.

    --
    Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/

    Dmitry Streblechenko, Jan 13, 2009
  7. After you set these two properties, does Outlook display the right account
    when you open the message?
    Youy are sending through SMTP, not Exchange, right?

    --
    Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/

    Dmitry Streblechenko, Jan 14, 2009