Re: Script to Install Printer Drivers w/o adding printer

Discussion in 'Windows XP Print / Fax' started by Alan Morris [MSFT], Jan 26, 2009.

  1. if the print drivers are signed you can use prndrvr.vbs (XP in \system32,
    Vista in \system32\printing_admin_scripts\en-us) or rundll32 in either OS to
    call into the printui interface. If the drivers are not signed you will
    have to use rundll32. In Vista just launch printui.exe, this will invoke
    the help and you can look through the examples for use in both XP or Vista.

    --
    Alan Morris
    Windows Printing Team

    Alan Morris [MSFT], Jan 26, 2009

  2. There is a bunch of file for most of the HP drivers. There is some language
    file in one of the cabs that has to be a flat file.

    Just crack all the cabs and expand the files to a flat file share

    PS I have no clue on the error, it's not mapping to anything.

    --
    Alan Morris
    Windows Printing Team

    Alan Morris [MSFT], Jan 28, 2009

  3. add the link to the driver you are installing.

    --
    Alan Morris
    Windows Printing Team

    Alan Morris [MSFT], Feb 3, 2009