Re: copying data from wordpad to excel

Discussion in 'Microsoft Excel Misc' started by Dave Peterson, Sep 4, 2004.

  1. Any chance you're not in the USA?

    There's a couple of settings under the Regional Settings Applet that tell
    windows programs what character is the decimal character and what character is
    the grouping character.

    In win98, I can get to it via:
    windows start button|settings|control panel|regional settings applet

    On the number tab, verify/change these two settings.

    ==
    As an asided, this same dialog is where you'd specify the list character, too.

    In the USA, I use a comma. Other locations use a semi-colon. (Might be useful
    later.)

    --

    Dave Peterson

    Dave Peterson, Sep 4, 2004