RAID Controller - What is it worth?

Reaction score
Hello all, in my possetion i have a RAID Controler, and SCSI or something...

I dont know what it really is except it has something to do with Hard Drives.#

Model No: 348-0033423A
Name: Symbios Pca NCV scsi

First of all, what is it?

and seccond, what is it worth? (it is used, but in good condition)

Thanks,

KGB

Reaction score
Here are some pictures - i just dont want to throw it out if it is valuable

Attachments

• scsi2.gif
    scsi2.gif
    94.7 KB · Views: 150
  • scsi.gif
    scsi.gif
    79.9 KB · Views: 173

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
At a total guess - £5/10... it looks like the sort people would use for an old SCSI scanner. I could be wrong though, so wait some someone who knows a bit more about SCSI hard drives!

Reaction score
Hey KGB,

By the looks of it you can run some SCSI HDD's off of that, and also can be used as Ian said, to run old scanners etc...

Pretty good if your going to be running any SCSI equipment, but then again i'd get a newer card.

I reckon if you stick it on eBay for 99p starting, and 7days, you should get quite a few bid's.

Reaction score
Yeah, i may aswell... What shall i call it? i cant just call it a "SCSI Thing" i cant find any more info online about it

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
That card was part of a 'bundle' that ran a CD-ROM drive ... yes it is SCSI, but which one and what it could run now is anybody's guess ... it's about 3-5 years old and was originally made/branded NCR.

The following varieties of SCSI are currently implemented: SCSI-1: Uses an 8-bit bus, and supports data rates of 4 MBps
SCSI-2: Same as SCSI-1, but uses a 50-pin connector instead of a 25-pin connector, and supports multiple devices. This is what most people mean when they refer to plain SCSI.
Wide SCSI: Uses a wider cable (168 cable lines to 68 pins) to support 16-bit transfers.
Fast SCSI: Uses an 8-bit bus, but doubles the clock rate to support data rates of 10 MBps.
Fast Wide SCSI: Uses a 16-bit bus and supports data rates of 20 MBps.
Ultra SCSI: Uses an 8-bit bus, and supports data rates of 20 MBps.
SCSI-3: Uses a 16-bit bus and supports data rates of 40 MBps. Also called Ultra Wide SCSI.
Ultra2 SCSI: Uses an 8-bit bus and supports data rates of 40 MBps.
Wide Ultra2 SCSI: Uses a 16-bit bus and supports data rates of 80 MBps.
http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/S/SCSI.html

:D

Reaction score
Thanks, i will sell it on ebay and see what i get, although i wont b able to provide technical details for it.

I also have a 4.3GB SCSI HDD that came with it, shall i sell them together?

(it has a lot over 60 pins)

Ask a Question