radeon 9800 pro

Reaction score
hello

could someone tell me what the cable you get with the card are for ?

does it connect upto a tv, stereo, digital camera or a microware - lol
and what can you do with it - just someone asked me - and i'm not sure - never even thou about them before.

think there video leads, and if so - are they in or out ot both?

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Probably composite video out, unless it's a VIVO version of the card, in which case it will be Video In & Video Out (hence VIVO).

Reaction score
9800Pro's have a breakout connector offering either composite or S-Video.

You can hook the composite to a wireless transmitter which hooks up to a TV in another room via a scart socket.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Or you could just connect the composite video out straight to a TV set via the SCART socket.

Same with S-Video, if the TV (or VCR) has an S-Video input.

Reaction score
if i remember corectly s-video can not transfer sound, neither can composite

you need a PC jack to RF Phono cable to transfer audio

I have a 2.4GHz thingy its aweosme - transfer video and stereo audio from my pc to lounge tv via line out and graphics card... can use MS Paint on the TV...or play games/watch movies!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Yep Chris, you're right about the sound, best thing to do is get a Scart socket on the TV/VCR with phono sockets on the rear, then get a composite video to phono plug converter lead for the video, then a 3.5mm jack plug to 2 x phono plugs for the audio. The 3.5mm plug goes into the audio out of your sound card. You may need a splitter lead to power both the TV & computer sound system at the same time.

Those Wavecom devices you're referring to are good. I used loads of those about 4 years ago at a college to set up audio and video between two rooms without cabling. The idea was that mock interviews were recorded to VCR from a video camera in one room to a VCR in the adjacent room.

Set up a microphone link as well so the Tutor could speak to his students. They worked well, was going to patent the idea cos those Wavecoms weren't common at the time, now you can buy them in Argos. Never did bother, damn, there goes another fancy idea, not a millionaire yet :D

Reaction score
Lidls. £35 for reciever and transmitter with remote remote control and scart stuff...

work a treat! have it tranferring SKY through digibox to my room at the mo!

Ask a Question