Windows XP processes in the background

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm fed up of going into processes and not knowing what anything is in there, could be any kinda spyware or anything, isnt there a program that tells you everything going on besides task manager, i need these things shutting down, but which ones to turn off? and if i do this it will free up some ram too. please help

harry

Reaction score
Techy said:
just google each one you don't recognise.

Interesting.. Why hadn't i thought of that before?.. i will try this thank for that idea techy..:)

Therm .. yep i know how you feel.. have you also tried Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Information/Running Tasks.... This will give a slightly more indepth origin of those running items..

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Reaction score
but if you dont know if it is broke, then how do you know wether you need to fix it or not?

oh yeah i googled most of them and had no problem and cam across a program thats called WinTask 5 professional, not bad, i'll give it; 6 outa 10

Reaction score
you can also find a couple of good guides on the net that take you through making different hardware profiles that can REALLY speed up your PC - like for gaming you can have one that only has processes and tasks that are essential to gaming... You select which one you want to use before you enter windows from a list...

Reaction score
Chris change your Avatar back please.... that looks too much like a Corpse... sorry dude

Last edited:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
What is his avatar anyways? looks like a polarbear behind bars, to some degree...

Ask a Question