Windows XP problem burning CDs

Reaction score
:confused: :eek: :confused: :eek:

Hi,

I am doing the audio editing on recordings which will become webcasts (using CoolEdit).

This is very urgent as it is affecting my work. I am having problems burning discs after editing it with CoolEdit. When I burn a disc using Nero, the recording is corrupted. I have not been able to burn any discs for ages and this is not good. After a major meltdown of the computer we have bought a new computer - no change, bought a new CD writer - no change; the only thing that helped was changing the Nero burning speed to the lowest setting (2x) which is not something I want to do. I did not have this problem when I was first using CoolEdit and Nero, i.e. for about a year.

Can anyone help?

Thank you.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If you changed your PC and still got the problem, I think it must be the CD media at fault... do you know what type of CDRs you are using?

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I am replying correctly as couldn't see a 'reply' option and selected this in the hope that it will get to Ian Cunningham.

The previous CD-R/RW was Samsung SW-224 and the second was AOpen. I need to double check but I don't think I was having a problem sith the Samsung to start with - only after several months of using it.

Thanks
Lyndsey

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Lyndsey,

Yes, you have replied properly - its is the "new reply" button at the bottom :)

Sorry, instead of your CDR drive, can you tell me what sort of CDR media you are using (i.e. blank cds) - as I think it may be those causing the problem for you. I'd advise picking up a single CD of a better brand and trying it to see if it will work. :)

Hope that helps :)

Reaction score
Thanks Ian - I do use bulk buy CDs such as the Philips CD-R80 ones. I was using bulk buy ones before but they were a different brand. (By the way we didn't replace our computer because of the problems with the CD burning but because after about seven years of hard use it went into a kind of meltdown and 'died' totally. We just replaced the CPU, and retrieved most of the info we needed from the previous hard disc).

I will try some other CDs and see if that helps. I think we used a single, better CD and were only able to burn onto it at a very slow speed but maybe that was a fluke and we should try again. I will contact you again if this doesn't work.

Thank you very much for your help.

Cheers
Lyndsey

Ask a Question