Printer Ink Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I used to have a small program on my PC which gave a very good indication of the amount of ink left in the printer cartridges. It was much more accurate than the printer's own monitor.

I deleted it some time ago and I now can't remember its name. I'm sure I originally got the name on PCR but Search has not brought up any ideas.

Anyone know of such a program?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've had a google but I can't find any software to do this, but if I come across it I'll post the link here :nod:

Reaction score
I have found my Epson tells me the ink needs replacing when their is about 10%+ left. I just carry on printing even though i get a reminder each time i do print, i'm now down to under 5% and it's still printing!

What printer have you got nivrip?

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Thanks feckit,
I have an ancient Epson C70 Plus which I only use for letters and an HP Photosmart A618 for photos.

Reaction score
Had a look on the net and cant find anything, but their must be something out their!
May a case of searching on the net!

Last edited:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I don't know whether this is the exact one you are after Niv, but I've managed to find InkMonitor here hope it will work for you :thumb:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I've just downloaded it for myself now, because it just occurred to me that my oldest printer doesn't have an ink usage indicator, I usually rely on guesswork for that one :)

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Taffycat said:
I've just downloaded it for myself now, because it just occurred to me that my oldest printer doesn't have an ink usage indicator, I usually rely on guesswork for that one :)

Thanks for your help, TC. :nod:

Did it actually work?

I downloaded it but couldn't get it to measure any levels at all. My ink cartridges were not on the list and when I added them I was informed that something was missing and got no further. :(

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Hmmm, I've been trying it today, but have had a problem also. It listed the cartridges for my old printer, but would only monitor one of them! I tried to set up two separate instances of the programme (thinking ok, one for each cartridge then) but that didn't work either. I'm thinking of removing the programme and having a look for something else. There must be another out there somewhere :nod:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
TC, the simple solution, as opposed to having one more officious program running, is to always have spare ink cartridges. ;)

Problem solved. :D

:user:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
TC, the simple solution, as opposed to having one more officious program running, is to always have spare ink cartridges. ;)

Problem solved. :D

:user:

Yes, that's usually what I do, but my newer printer, has a built-in monitor thingy which gives a bit of warning when inks are running low. Handy if I've forgotten to re-stock (because when it registers "low" you know that there is at least half a tank left ;) ) So that's why I hoped that the little application would work for the old printer - just as a memory jogger really :D

Reaction score
Please search in google as a ink monitoring software and it will show some result related to it.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
mathewdavid said:
Please search in google as a ink monitoring software and it will show some result related to it.

You don't say..:rolleyes:

Reaction score
nivrip said:
I used to have a small program on my PC which gave a very good indication of the amount of ink left in the printer cartridges. It was much more accurate than the printer's own monitor.

I deleted it some time ago and I now can't remember its name. I'm sure I originally got the name on PCR but Search has not brought up any ideas.

Anyone know of such a program?

Hi Nivrip,

Had a 40 minute search on the web for software for ya but didnt find much at all.
I did find a truckload of printing programs but no ink monitors i'm afraid.
I did find this though http://www.123-free-download.com/download/printers/inksaver/2623.html
It says it costs 35 dollars but there's a free download button on the bottom of the page.
Didnt download it mesmelf so i dont know what its like.
Good luck with your search and i find any more i'll let ya know.
nod.gif

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Many, many thanks Z and CL for going to the trouble of looking out for ink monitors.However, my original post on this subject was in April, 2008. ;) Since then I've got a new printer that does have ink monitoring included.

Still extra info may always be of interest and value to others. :thumb:

And, thanks again for looking. :nod:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Can someone lock this thread as Niv has a new printer and doesn't need a seperate ink monitor now, also it will stop mundane and dull comments from 1 post wonders!!!!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Thread locked as it appears to have become a spammer magnet/target for dullards :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question