poxy day today wunnit?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
chatty chatty chatty

It was cold, rainy, blustery, overcast and miserable in SE London today, probably much the same round the rest of the UK. So I stayed in all day and rebuilt one of my computers with a board just returned from an RMA. It went well, hooked up the 2 SATA WD 120Gb disks in a RAID 0 and it fired right up, no probs, so I didn't even have to reinstall Win XP Pro and load all them apps on again.

So that was good :)

Weather was a contrast to Thursday, took my twin 16 year old daughters to Thorpe Park then, and it was sunny all day, and not too cold. There weren't many there, so didn't have to queue up for rides, went on Colossus and Nemesis at least ten times each, sometimes in the front carriage - that makes a big difference - I lurve them rides.

But they can make me a little dizzy :D

Light workload next week, configuring a PA system in Surrey Quays at where they print the Daily Mail (it's a big place) also have to zone the microphone on the reception desk. And fitting a coupla loudspeakers in a school. Not much, could do with some more.

Next computer messing about - replacing one Gigabyte board with a DFI Lan Party board. After that, I'll be offering the Gigabyte board up for sale, along with some other stuff. Watch out for: Flops' boot sale.

So, just a load of waffle here, lots of nothing, really. El Offo Topico :)

Wot you up to then? ;)

Kye

Reaction score
i learnt the date that people joined is NOT the date the post was posted. hence a few of my " no-one has posted here since 2002! "

i also studied. watched the video showing me the general way of putting a PC together, getting a printer up and going. HDD theory, learnt a few solutions too common hardware problems with HDD and floppy drive, learnt about MFM and encoding and numbers and how binary works on a floppy disk...

im though the first book out of the 6 i have for the course. im not arrogent, but its slighty easy...and it takes on average a year too do, but im going too master, and get the thing which makes me a qualified techy, and move in the inner circle's of techies, and learn the techy handshake and so on.

i had a good day :D

Reaction score
yes ur rite was a truly depressing day, weather wise i mean it rained all day long here too!!!!
i hate it when it rains all day long it depresses me!!!

Kye

Reaction score
rain is sexy. it keeps people from going outside, thus i find satisfaction in that.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
some clouds here in New Mexico, no rain. *sigh*
otherwise it got kind of hot in the after noon

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I haven't been to Thorpe Park, but I guess it is quite like Alton Towers - they have Nemesis and a couple of other good big rides :) We managed about 3 times on that last time as the queue was so busy!

Rainy miserable day yesterday in Manchester too (well, it always rains here!), but made the most of a day off and went and explored Manchester's Deansgate last night to see what we could find. Ended up in a Chinese restaurant in the middle of nowhere, but inside was amazing and the food was just as good! Met up with some of Becky's friends from work for a drink in a grotty pub after that!

Need to write a CV today so I can start sending it off for some engineering job placements in the "real world" (as my lecturers keep putting it!). Only 4 months at university this year, and then the rest of the time working for an engineering company! Full year at university after that mind you :)

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
It's been raining all afternoon in Manchester, and my bus didn't turn up for 40 minutes.

I'm not a happy bunny! :(

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Ooh! Thunderstorms now! I don't mind it now that I'm inside with a cup of tea :)

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear all

Your weather was about 48 hours later than ours in South Yorkshire - it did rain but not till the afternoon. Thursday was dreadful - electric storms, hail stones, rain and the full monty.

Quite nice here today until about an hour ago and then.....more rain!!

Gabriella xx

Reaction score
Well I slept till 1.30pm today, got up went to Tesco's and brought some steak, cooked dinner then whatched the United vs Arsenal game.

Very productive :rolleyes:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Well, today is cold, but very bright, and as the sun set it was so intense I could hardly see where I was driving. Must give this car a wash as well...

A few nights ago had a bit of a giggle. Got some green chillies, liquidised them, strained them, and put the resulting pale green, very hot liquid in a small stoppered bottle.

Later that evening in the pub, me mate Steve was drinking white wine. When his glass was half full and he looked away, I added the chillie liquid.

You shouldda seen his face :D Had to get a glass of water from the bar. And I had to buy him another glass of wine :(

Still, at least he didn't thump me.

Bought a new kettle today at Asdas, cordless, cost £5.67. Cashier said 'Hang on to the receipt, it's your guarantee'

A year's guarantee for £5.67? It occured to me that if I severed the internal connection to the element in the 11th month after purchase and took it back for a new one, I could be in for free kettles for the rest of my life. How odd.

But I wouldn't do that now, would I?

So, there we go, a day in the life.

Gripping stuff eh? :D

Kye

Reaction score
my PC broke, causing heart-ache and depression. well, not broke, but im so, so nervous that a new PSU might not fix it.
i'll lose sleep over this for 2 night.

Reaction score
A year's guarantee for £5.67? It occured to me that if I severed the internal connection to the element in the 11th month after purchase and took it back for a new one, I could be in for free kettles for the rest of my life. How odd.

Funnily enough, i thought about doing that with my iiyama monitor, getting a brand new one, and flogging it :):):)

i bought one of them asda kettles, blue and white yeah? Pacific branded? £6 it cost me!! had one when i decided i wanted to live in my room - had a kettle, coffee maker, fridge and box of biscuits.

The water tasted funny from the Asda kettle (plasticy), the coffee maker didnt heat up well enough and the fridge was too noisy to live in my room (paid £70 for it too) :(

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
We have one of those ASDA kettles too... not bad for £6. Did manage to break the ASDA toaster with a great spark a couple of days ago though - the crust end of a loaf wouldn't fit it, so I gently eased it in with my fist... ***SPARK!!!***... no more toaster!

floppybootstomp said:
When his glass was half full and he looked away, I added the chillie liquid.

:D:D:D Remind me not to go to the pub with you ;)

Did you try any of it, and if so, how strong was it? :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Did you try any of it, and if so, how strong was it? :)
Uh, no, I didn't try it, but if you put but the slightest smear of the liquid on your fingertip and rubbed your lip, it would glow for a good 15 minutes afterwards.

On the same subject, don't ever chop raw chillies then visit the gents without thoroughly washing your hands first, the hotness stays on your hands and, well... :eek:

Ask a Question