Reaction score

Attachments

• phidvd963sa_031.jpg
    phidvd963sa_031.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 1,178

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
A very concise and detailed review Quad, well done :)

Lots of emphasis on the audio side eh, hehe

Does it play DivX CD's I wonder? We're seeing some players that can coming onto the market now.

I have a Toshiba SD220-E myself. a cheapie at £120.00 about a year ago, but it did win best budget model in most mags at time of release.

I have a fancy ass Scart cable (expensive!) to the TV video input and have sound out to my Hi-Fi system, speakers are either side of TV. Only stereo, no 5.1 or 7.1 yet.

Plays mp3's as well, which is quite good if you want to play over six hours of music uninterrupted. Mp3's are not Hi-Fi, I know, I can tell the difference, but it's still a nice feature to have. Handles MPEG1 Video CD's and SVCD's ok, I'm quite pleased with it.

Anyways, good review Quad, all power to you :D

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Flops,

I appreciate your feedback, always!

DiVX? Nope I do not think so. MP3's? Yes it does have the capability but why would anyone want to listen to MP3's when the SACD is here. You are absolutely right about MP3's not being hifi, they do not even go beyond 15 kHz, yikes!

You always notice things in my review which others overlook! Yes, my emphasis was and is on audio. I can justify that by saying that the 3 in 1 treat includes two portions of audio (SACD and CD) and one portion of DVD so that means I must justify by earmarking 66% of my review to audio. You agree? :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Originally posted by Quadophile
Yes, my emphasis was and is on audio. I can justify that by saying that the 3 in 1 treat includes two portions of audio (SACD and CD) and one portion of DVD so that means I must justify by earmarking 66% of my review to audio. You agree? :D

Certainly :bow: :D

Ask a Question