Bargain Philips 17" TFT - £195.00

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Here

At Komplett.

This was the Monitor Quad recommended, I do believe. No dead pixels policy and 16ms response time.

Reaction score
Anyone buy one of these? Are they any good?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I haven't bought one.

By the way, I can't find any sign, anywhere, of the supposed 'no dead pixels policy' from Philips.

I've searched and searched, but cannot find any evidence to support the fact that Philips guarantee no dead pixels. I'm wondering if such a policy exists and if so does it apply to the UK?

Only promise like that as far as I know comes from Samsung, and then only if you live in Korea.

Anybody gotta link?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
ISO standard.

The ISO standard 13406-2 has four levels of LCD monitor, screen quality. Simply put:

Class 1, no defects at all. Class 2, a few defects. Class 3, more defects & Class 4, does it work.

Defect types are: Type 1, number of always lit pixels. Type 2, number of always unlit pixels. Type 3, other problems or defects. Type 4, number of defective pixels in a 5 x 5 pixel square.

Where do you stand if your LCD monitor or screen has some dead pixels?

It all depends on the manufacturer. Some will simply replace the LCD monitor while the generally accepted policy is to replace after a few pixels are faulty. Check with the individual manufacturers before you buy.

Philips policy for example is ... that they are constantly updating their pixel policy when they have new products and are currently working to 'Zero Bright Dots' on their Philips 15" Brilliance & Business range of LCD monitors.

:confused:

Reaction score
This is a link to the Philips Dead Pixel Policy

http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/1/170s5fs_05/170s5fs_05_ppd_eng.pdf

different monitors have different criteria for what is acceptable and what isn't; meaning it depends on the model of your monitor as to what their policy towards it is.

some models do have a zero pixel policy but only certain models, which is probably why you cannot find information about it.

worth looking at the dead pixle policy before buying a monitor.

My monitor (170s5fs) has 2 adjacent always on sub-pixels which apparently is acceptable (only just). But their warranty states that they will deliver a new monitor within 48 hours and take the old one away, so im going to lie and say i have 3 adjacent sub-pixles (which means 1 white pixle) so they deliver a new one and take my old one.
By the time they check it and see that i made a mistake, they'll have delivered my new one.

Ask a Question