Bargain PDAs, USB Drives at Morgan Computers

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I have just bought a Toshiba e400 PDA from Morgan Computers for just over £115! A Bargain! (Sorry Quad, I went looking for the Palm Zire but found this!).

They also have 32MB USB Drives for £3.99!

I was VERY impressed with the people behind the counter and on the phone, as I managed try a few PDAs out and ask plenty of questions.

Reaction score
Those belkin usb pen drives look quite good for that price. Dont suppose anyone knows if they are usb 1.1 or usb 2? Is that the cheapest you will get them do you reckon?

Reaction score
yes bodhi those belkin drives look to be a bargain!!!!

trific!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd assume USB 1.1 at that price - but I don't know! I haven't seen any cheaper before :)

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
I have a PNY Attache USB 2.0 Flash memory that has 256Mb of storage. These things are freakin awsome! it was about $30

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Ian,

How is your Toshiba e400? I had checked the details and I think it is a very good piece of kit, I did not like one thing in the Zire 72 and that was the camera since all pda and phones basically have crappy cameras anyway. If Zire was without the Camera i would have preferred. I doubt this machine is any inferior to the Zire and if so I may reconsider.

By the way my friend did not have enough time to look around and was not able to get the PDA for me so I am basically in the market again. He has promised me that next month he will pick up one for me. meanwhile I have been busy listening to a lot of new CD's which I had asked him to get for me. Mybe you can meet him next time he is in Manchester :) A drink with a Jumbo Pilot cannot hurt can it?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Quadophile said:
Ian,

How is your Toshiba e400? I had checked the details and I think it is a very good piece of kit, I did not like one thing in the Zire 72 and that was the camera since all pda and phones basically have crappy cameras anyway. If Zire was without the Camera i would have preferred. I doubt this machine is any inferior to the Zire and if so I may reconsider.

By the way my friend did not have enough time to look around and was not able to get the PDA for me so I am basically in the market again. He has promised me that next month he will pick up one for me. meanwhile I have been busy listening to a lot of new CD's which I had asked him to get for me. Mybe you can meet him next time he is in Manchester :) A drink with a Jumbo Pilot cannot hurt can it?
I am very, very impressed with the e400 so far - I have upgraded it to Windows Mobile 2003 SE (the latest) and it can run everything I want. I wasn't planning to get this one, but at £99+vat it was a bargain :)

I'd be up for a drink with a Jumbo Jet pilot! We have been learning alot about them in the last few weeks in particular at university, so we'd have lots to talk about :)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Ian,

Thanks for the update on Toshiba, looks like I will be getting one also. I thought it already had the new OS installed. I checked Morgan and there are two types one is a bit dearer, what's the deal on that? Although both had the same specs.

As for the Pilot, sorry I should have mentioned Pilot cum Instructor as he trains new 747 pilots as well. He left just a couple of hours back, we had a good two hours session with music. I already have mentioned to him about you and he is also willing to meet an aerospace engineer. Looks like I am being left out here :D When he is flying into Manchester nest time will inform you so you can get in touch with him and have drink (on his account).

Chris,

He flies for PIA

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Excellent, I look forward to meeting someone who likes aircraft as much as me :)

There are 2 types of Toshiba e400s that they sell, one of them is "reconditioned" and the other is brand new. I went for the "reconditioned" one as it was only £120ish including VAT, whereas the other was slightly more. I asked to have a look inside one box of each, and I couldn't see anything wrong with the reconditioned one so I went for that one :)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
You did the right thing by saving a few quids. :D

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Manchester is Pakistani International Airways' Hub isn't it?

Yes it is, they also do up/down flights out of Manchester to New York as well.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
He never offered one to me, if he did I would decline and have you in the Jump seat instead so keep your fingers crossed :D

Reaction score
aww cheers Quad :)

I often dream about riding in the jump seat of an airliner... they are just so impressive!

Its one of my ambitions in life to ride specifically in a Jumbo... they have the most impressive engine reliabilty rate... they never fail basically... something like a 0.0000000001% chance

Ask a Question